Director of Provider Relations / Business Development
The Director of Provider Relations manages the clinical liaisons and admissions personnel. This position’s primary responsibility is the supervision of staff for the management of the patient intake process and the coordination of admissions. This position’s primary objective is to assist the hospital in attaining its budgeted goals within the hospital’s patient service area by analyzing changes and making appropriate recommendations.
Main goals are to increase referral volumes by cultivating relationships with key physicians, office staff, and hospital administrations, building physician to physician and physician to administration relationships, fostering relationships with providers, and improving awareness of hospital patient care services.
- Knowledge of operational and financial plans for departmental interpretation and application.
- High level of analytical ability to establish goals and objectives to support success.
- Interpersonal skills to objectively handle conflict management.
- Ability to identify, define and apply metrics for a measurement of success.
- Action oriented individual with ability to: identify opportunity; adapt to change; works independently; and prioritize tasks / responsibilities.
- Possesses a drive and desire to finish regardless of opposition.
- Continuously strives to meet / exceed goals.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills to include the ability to form constructive and effective relationships with clients and customers. Attentive and active listening skills. Effective verbal and written communication skills, and strong presentation skills with ability to adjust accordingly for a variety of audiences.
- Analytical / methodical reasoning ability with the ability to objectively outline both pro’s and con’s of the situation and strategically conclude appropriate course of action.
- Strategic problem solving with ability to adapt to change and / or uncertainty.
- Intellectual ability to handle concepts and complexity comfortably.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards, compliance requirements and hospital policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of technology such as word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Sales, Marketing or healthcare field.
Previous management experience of 3-5 years in a changing environment.
- Three to five (3-5) years of direct sale, marketing or healthcare admissions in a hospital environment preferred.
- Preferred billingual English/ Spanish