This position will work with approximately 25 accounts in the Iowa region. The ideal candidate will be located in the state of Iowa.
Responsible for the business relationships of an assigned portfolio of Premier Core Processing clients and obtaining assigned sales quota. Ensures client satisfaction, retention, contract renewals, revenue maintenance and revenue enhancement through the relationships established with client personnel. Client Partner will specialize in partnering with clients in our Community Regional segment with $300 million in assets or less and focus on our Iowa Territory.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary point of contact and information resource to clients, sales support, marketing, and management regarding ongoing operations.
- Obtain assigned sales quota through contract renewals and the sale of various products and services to assigned client portfolio.
- Carries out day to day maintenance of daily operations for assigned client portfolio.
- Responsible for identifying, attracting, and retaining customers through proactive contacts, thorough follow-up on outstanding issues, and professional contract negotiations.
- Maintain industry and product knowledge, an understanding of customers’ needs and concerns while continuously promoting a positive company image.
- Travel may be required up to 60% of the time.
- Under limited direction, meets or exceeds corporate goals regarding revenue, profit, and customer satisfaction.
- This job can be performed remotely with a home location ideally in Iowa.
- Performs other duties as required.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related discipline is preferred. (Related work experience can be substituted for educational requirement.)
Job Related Experience:
- Minimum of five years required of experience in banking, sales or account management experience.
- Must be able to effectively make decisions and resolve problems using experience and professional judgment.
- Experience in sales and negotiating techniques are preferred.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of business and operations in the financial industry.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communications and group presentation skills.
- Must be able to organize activities and handle multiple projects simultaneously, effectively and with timely follow-up on each.
- Possess a positive attitude while operating under pressure, and be an independent problem-solver.
- May be required to train others (client and internal staff) in area of technical expertise.
- While this position has no direct reports, it does require interaction with subordinates and other staff members to ensure client satisfaction
Requisition ID R-10081491