Business Objects Developer/Administrator - Programmer Analyst
5 - 7 years experience • Industrial Equipment & Supply
- Perform Business Intelligence Development and Business Analysis functions.
- Work with users and otherdevelopers to gather business requirements, analyze, design, build and test BusinessObjects, Web Intelligence, reports and associated universes using various tools, Including IDT.
- Assist with environment administration and troubleshooting.
- Design, develop, schedule and tune dashboards and reports using BusinessObjects WebIntelligence and Xcelsius or Design Studio.
- Choose the appropriate BI software tool. Then carry out the development lifecycle from beginning through implementation to meet the business requirement.
- Document BusinessObjects procedures and processes.
- Perform migration process from legacy BusinessObjects environments to newer versions.
- Conduct end user demonstration/training of reporting and dashboard functionality.
- Some travel – up to 10% – to local Service Centers, within 45 miles of Corporate Headquarters
- Some weekend and evening hours required.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Business Management, or related field of study and 5 years of experience in the job offered or as BOBJ Developer, Systems Analyst or related role. Employer also accept a Master’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Business Management, or related field of study and 2 years of experience in the job offered or as BOBJ Developer, Systems Analyst or related role. Applicants’ experience must include:
- (5 yrs / BS & 2 yrs / MS) - writing SQL;
- (5 yrs / BS & 2 yrs / MS) - developing in Business Objects 3.1 and 4.0;
- (3 yrs / BS & 1 yr / MS) - Multi-Source Universe creation using BusinessObjects 4.0 IDT tool;
- (5 yrs / BS & 2 yrs / MS) - creating multiple complex reports and Dashboards with Xcelsius 2008or greater from SAP BW source
- (5 yrs / BS & 2 yrs / MS) - gathering business requirements, data analysis andreport development
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than five million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied® provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers maintenance training and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.