Kroll’s Identity Theft and Breach Notification (ITBN) practice helps clients and their advisors, including boards of directors, legal counsel, and insurance providers, resolve the myriad complex issues resulting from a data breach. Since 1999, the team has facilitated the response for thousands of breaches across North America impacting over 100 million individuals. ITBN serves organizations from a wide range of industries, such as: healthcare, financial and business services, government, and higher education. Our customized services include notification, call center, and identity monitoring and restoration solutions. In addition to serving business and enterprise clients, ITBN builds and offers a comprehensive identity theft protection service through strategic partnerships. The service is backed by Kroll’s Licensed Investigators, who counsel members and work to remedy problems caused by identity theft.
Position Overview: Kroll is looking for a Software Engineer to join its Identity Theft and Breach Notification unit, providing cybersecurity solutions to a range of business clients and consumers. This position is responsible for supporting & enhancing key software applications and services within Kroll’s portfolio of cybersecurity products. The qualified candidate will contribute as a key member of the Level II support team and will work closely with operations, technology and Scrum Teams in support of Kroll cybersecurity solutions. We are looking for a candidate currently working as a software developer or having solid foundational experience ready to take the next step in their career.
- Contribute daily to an innovative, fast-paced agile development team to support leading-edge products used by thousands of users in the cybersecurity market
- Develop & maintain high-quality code that scales for enterprises and consumer clients
- Cultivate processes and best practices for software engineering
- Continuously learn software development languages, tools & best practices and apply them
- Passion for improving the maintenance and support of 24/7 applications and services
- Skills in performance, stability, and reliability monitoring of complex systems
- Skills in root cause analysis and risk mitigation plans
- Be part of a Scrum or Kanban team be accountable for sprint deliverables
- Protect Kroll’s technical edge by securing information, practicing need-to-know, maintaining company privacy, and adhering to secure coding practices
- Communicate in an effective manner that promotes healthy relationships with both internal and external team members
- 2-4+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer or directly relevant position
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Expertise with C# and ASP.NET
- Experience developing and consuming APIs (ASP.NET Web API or equivalent)
- Strong foundation in object-oriented techniques and design patterns
- Experience in ITIL for Service Management preferred
- Must have a passion for learning new technologies and applying them to software solutions
- Agile framework experience highly preferred (Scrum / Kanban)
- Experience with Continuous integration (CI) / continuous delivery (CD) highly preferred
- Working knowledge of SQL Server highly preferred
- AWS experience a plus
- Understanding of networking, firewall rules, domains and X.509 certs a plus
- Experience with OAuth and SAML for single sign-on (SSO) a plus
- Able to give & take honest, thoughtful criticism
Please include your GitHub, BitBucket, CodePlex, SourceForge and/or StackOverflow usernames in your resume.
About Kroll: Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 40 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cybersecurity, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security and data and information management services. Headquartered in New York with more than 35 offices in 20 countries, Kroll has a multidisciplinary team of nearly 1,000 employees and serves a global clientele of law firms, financial institutions, corporations, non-profit institutions, government agencies and individuals.
Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation.
All resumes are held in confidence.
No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract.
No faxes please.
Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search.
Kroll is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Primary LocationUnited States-Tennessee-Nashville
Organization RGNA21 - Technology Applications