Effectively create and communicate technical information in the form of Operator and Service Manuals for ESG products used by dealer technicians and end-user customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical Writing
- Assures that technical information from manufacturing, purchasing and engineering is analyzed, documented, and translated into Technical Publications.
- Creates and documents safety, service, repair and replacement, and maintenance procedures for repairing and maintaining ESG products through Service Manuals for use by technicians.
- Creates and documents safety, operation, and routine maintenance procedures for ESG products through Operators Manuals for use by product operators.
- Creates and documents service, repair, and maintenance procedures as Service Bulletins, Tech Tips, and Information Bulletins for use by ESG dealers and end user customers.
- Assures technical documentation is accurate, complete, and as concise as possible.
- Assures technical documentation is easy to understand for the intended readership.
- Technical Training
- Works with CBT to provide technical information necessary to prepare competency based training modules.
- Works with Service Training to provide technical information necessary to prepare service training programs.
- Electronic Parts Catalog
- Assists with the creation of parts manuals for the Electronic Parts Catalog, as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Participates in a minimum of 16 hours of self development training per year.
- Responsible for decisions to create technical information in compliance with warranty cost, TREAD act requirements, NHTSA administration and exposure.
- Associates Degree or higher in a writing-related field required.
- A minimum of five years of full-time technical writing experience, preferably in a mechanical or technological environment focused on end-user documentation.
- Bachelors degreepreferred.
Position Requirements: Additional Knowledge and Skills:
Excellent product technical skills.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent knowledge and use of the following PC applications including: Adobe Creative Suite to include InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. Extensive experience in FrameMaker will be considered in lieu of InDesign experience. Knowledge of Quark is a plus.
Demonstrated performance in product training and education.
Familiarity with digital photography is a plus.
Ability to operate standard office computer equipment. Benefits of Employment: In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace. Company Description: Jetstream of Houston, LLP (a subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation), manufactures high pressure waterblast equipment and accessories for commercial and industrial cleaning and maintenance operations. In addition to equipment sales, we are increasingly engaged in the sale of parts and tooling, service and repair, equipment rentals, vehicle refurbishment and training as part of a complete offering to our customer base.
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE: FSS) enhances the safety, security and well-being of communities and workplaces around the world. Founded in 1901, Federal Signal is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and institutional customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the company operates three groups: Safety and Security Systems, Environmental Solutions, and Fire Rescue.