Intermediate / Senior Electrical Engineer
We put the engine in buildings engineering! Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we’re achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our interdisciplinary team works collaboratively with clients to design and implement processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Our Dartmouth, NS office is looking for a highly motivated Intermediate / Senior Electrical Engineer to join our growing, multi-disciplinary team. Responsibilities will include the development for electrical systems designed to meet the unique needs of the individual project. This individual will be an excellent communicator and skilled problem-solver with a strong attention to detail and with a strong interest in working closely with clients, contractors and suppliers. This individual will be expected to work independently as an integrated member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Applies strong technical design skills to produce accurate and timely deliverables.
- Serves as a trainer and resource for more junior level staff.
- Handles design development and document preparation in written and computer-aided design formats.
- Collaborates with multi-discipline project managers.
- Effectively delegates and manages work to other members of our team.
- Supports project requirements including proposals, options analysis narratives, engineering and capital cost estimates, drawing documentation, systems design and technical specifications.
- Researches, prepares, and presents coordinated design options.
- Reviews drawings and researches code issues to comply with applicable regulations.
- Interacts regularly with key clients and project stakeholders.
- Provides input on the creation and editing of technical specifications.
- Provides contract documents that meet required codes and quality assurance standards.
- Expands current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and continually strengthens skills.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelors' degree in ElectricalEngineering, plus 8 years related professional experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated skills.
- Ability to prepare and review detailed designs.
- Ability to integrate design elements with architectural, civil, structural, and mechanical disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of applicable codes and standards including CEC, C282, NFPA20, NSP Utility and Metering Standards, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate a credible and trustworthy presence through professionalism, demeanor, and technical knowledge.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present accurate, professionally written reports and recommendations.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Professional experience in the design professional contract document development and administration process.
- Proven ability to support tender and construction phases of a project.
- Proven ability to apply sustainable design principles within projects.
Job ID 2016-26441