Director of Rehabilitation
Less than 5 years experience • Misc. Healthcare
The Director of Rehabilitation leads the rehab staff through provision of direction and training support. Acts as a department head and member of facility management team. Coordinates all rehab activities and communications. Serves as a teacher/trainer for caregiver staff regarding rehab issues. Assists in clinical program development. Compiles all rehab reports and statistics. Assures that all rehab billing is accurate and completed in a timely manner. Assures denial management process and chart audits are in place. Supervises all registered therapists, assistants, and aides in the rehab department. Serves as a treating therapist to provide screens, assessment and treatment of residents.
- Manages all rehab staff through direct reporting responsibility in one or more facilities.
- Meets all responsibilities appropriate to the discipline, in which he/she is a licensed therapist, see therapist job descriptions.
- Assures appropriate rehab staffing and coverage in conjunction with the facility Administrator and rehab Recruiter.
- Performs administrative duties such as: assigning and overseeing patient/resident care activities, medical record oversight, assuring execution of physician orders, ordering supplies, etc.
- Works with the rehab team to assure that services are coordinated to maximize efficiency in delivery of care to all residents.
- Serves as a case manager to assure that the rehab team meets all rehab targets and MDS responsibilities.
- Directs the team meeting and decision-making process as defined by the program.
- Consults with and trains therapists, patients/residents and caregivers.
- Compiles weekly revenue statistics and rehab reports as needed.
- Assures that all rehab billing is complete and submitted in a timely fashion.
- Performs quality assurance monitors to assure that compliance with the company’s clinical documentation standards.
- Demonstrates consistent knowledge and application of Medicare and other reimbursement regulations.
- Consults with VP, Rehab Services to assure that all rehab standards are met at thefacility level.
- Communicates effectively with patients, team members, customers and supervisor.
- Promotes positive customer relations.
- Provides appropriate consultation to the facility.
- Participates in the training and orientation of other staff.
- Participates in clinical program development and implementation.
- Participates in the interviewing process for new staff.
- Participates in census building and marketing activities.
- Demonstrates ability for continuous new learning to remain current in the field.
- May perform additional duties as requested by the administrator.
- Participates in facility quality improvement activities.
- Responsible for service and operational excellence of all assigned activities to ensure the delivery of quality services and/or outcomes required to meet or exceed theexpectations of those utilizing or impacted by the department.
- Associates, Bachelors or Masters Degree in a therapy discipline.
- A minimum of two years clinical experience in a long-term care setting required.
- A minimum of one year of supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates ability to utilize independent and effective clinical judgment, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-faceted systems and to interact effectively withall levels of staff and customers.
- Must have high proficiency in math skills.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and analytical skills and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to drive and have a current state driver’s license.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the implications of PPS and CPT code billing systems for rehab delivery.
Apply for this job onlineRefer this job to a friendShare on your newsfeedPlease note, applying to a position using a Mac computer and Safari browser is not compatible with our application process at this time. We recommend using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Firefox.