Oversees various systems projects of a complex nature. Works with management to identify business and IT project teams, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure meeting deadlines of projects and timely completion of project. Independently formulate detailed program specifications using structured analysis and design methodology. Work with functional architects to define and implement application architecture in a multi-platform distributed environment. Independently code new or modified computer programs into existing systems and test program effectiveness. Serve in technical lead capacity during project development phase. Perform analysis of complex systems issues or changes. Assist team members with issues needing technical expertise or systems and/or programming knowledge. Responsible for monitoring and maintaining ongoing performance of systems and develop modifications according to business needs. Ensures adherence to project management processes and documentation standards.
- Review data specs and develop/update business intelligence reports using Business Objects and Atlas Self-Service Tool. Coordinate and oversee efforts with several IT units including B2B, DW&R and Pharma IT.
- Evaluate complex user requests, projects, and clarify objectives and functional requirements for new or modified computer programs.
- Determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and system capabilities.
- Work within the Data Warehouse including requirements gathering, analysis, report design, development, documentation, testing, bug fixing and production support.
- Act as the primary resource on the subject of Pharma reporting and data compliance.
- This includes full understanding of legal or contractual data restrictions that directly impact reporting.
- Act as contact for inquiries related to existing Pharma reports in production.
- Evaluate error messages, modify codes and troubleshoot coding problems.
- Work collaboratively with other ESI business units to automate processes, improve functionality and generally meet end users’ needs.
- Create and maintain user documentation, policy and procedures. Write documentation describing program development, logic, coding, and corrections.
- Provide education, training and presentations on technical tools for business users.
- Analyze the scope of projects, work cross-functionally with IT and other stakeholders, develop project plans with users, and provide time estimates.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 5–8years relevant experience or Master’s degree with 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Experienced user of Business Objects tool set (Report, Designer, Supervisor).
- Strong user skills in PC, Windows and LANnetworks in a work environment.
- Proficient use of desktop software applications such as Access, Excel or other PC base database tools.
- Experience with Crystal Reporting tool.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL (Teradata, DB2 and Oracle).
- Strong proven analytical skills.
- Project management experience and proven ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentations skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information, work with minimum management oversight, ability to work with all levels of internal and external contacts.
- Thorough knowledge of programming concepts, design, procedures and practices.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new tools and applications.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
At Express Scripts, we work endlessly to achieve our mission of making medicine more affordable and accessible for our patients, and our Specialty Distribution group plays a large role. Team members in this department offer healthcare providers access to a complete portfolio of specialty pharmaceuticals and ancillary supplies, ensuring patients easier access to their medicine and continuity of care in the future. We distribute to all 50 states as well as Puerto Rico and Guam, with three distribution centers: a main facility in Grove City, Ohio, and secondary locations in Arizona and Tennessee.
Job Id: REQ20009752