At Haines, our people are the backbone of our operation, and they are like family. We believe that happy employees lead to happy customers…and there is no better time to be at Haines than right now! We are on a new journey of growth and change—building on our strong heritage and the commitment of all our associates—and we are looking for talented, hard-working and loyal people to join our distribution family.
Founded in 1874 on the company’s core values of providing customers with superior service and products, Haines is among the oldest privately held companies in America. It is the largest floor covering distribution company in the country with operations covering the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic and Southeast.
We are actively seeking an Account Executive to cover the Philadelphia and surrounding counties of PA and NJ.
We provide competitive salaries, generous benefits, a business casual work environment and fun employee outings and events. Most importantly, we offer opportunities. Everyone in the organization has the opportunity to contribute to the success of the company and enjoy the ability to grow their career. In fact, throughout the history of our company many of our company’s leaders started in entry-level positions and worked their way up.
- Account management of existing customers including the sale of existing and new products, selling merchandising systems and programs, physically setting up merchandising systems and updating samples of existing systems, product knowledge training, etc.
- New account development consistent with territory budgets.
- Developing and managing customer relationships including business owners, sales personnel, purchasing, accounts payable, warehouse management and procurement, etc.
- Accurately pricing and giving quotes for a wide variety of flooring related products.
- Developing and maintaining credit relationships.
- Coordinating with all Haines teams including sales and support, order and service, distribution services and other relevant departments.
- Investigating and resolving customer issues with a positive resolution.
Best Practices - Striving to help Haines be The Best Distributor:
- Instinctively looking for ways to help customers grow their business.
- Looking for inventive ways to match the company's benefits to the needs of the customer.
- Learning and understanding the customer's business beyond the products and services offered to include critical issues business owners face every day.
- Sharing with customers the value-added benefits the company offers and how those provide value to each individual customer.
- BA/BS from a 4 year university required - preferably in a related field or equivalent experience with a comparable building materials company.
- Minimum 5 years field sales experience with a proven track record of success.
- Previous experience in the flooring industry (preferably hard surface or hardwood).
- Previous experience servicing customers in Philadelphia and surrounding counties.
- Previous experience with business development (new territory/product launch).
- Previous experience in distribution preferred.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to travel to customer locations within designated sales territory.
- Ability to multi-task (manage multiple priorities and product lines simultaneously).
- Computer savvy: MS Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and E-Mail.