Provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems. Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Interprets customers’ needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers. This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking/wireless networking.
- Manage Customer contracts by performing preventative maintenance visits, documenting / delivering reports and provide onsite remedial support.
- Insure that the customer’s system is updated to the latest software, quick fixes, and hardware.
- Prepare upgrade plans for the customer’s systems and deliver them to the customer.
- Provide field Beta testing in region and provides feedback as required
- Follow all technical procedures and tools for Global Service
- Provide technical review of orders for clients and any other proposals that are requested to perform.
- Analyze technical risk of expansion projects and upgrades
- Identify deficiencies in products and procedures which affect customer satisfaction, recommending solutions/workarounds
- Provide technical assistance to meet required company objectives of quality and customer satisfaction.
- Attend technical training that includes systems and instruments, as well as application, process control, communication, and safety.
- Provide data as requested for any reports to assist management in decisions pertaining to customer satisfaction, sales marketing, engineering, quality control, support, and employee satisfaction.
- Support Sales as required and directed by Regional Service Manager to secure orders and service agreements.
- Understand and enforce Invensys contractual obligations on major projects and insure customer satisfaction.
- Handles overall technical responsibilities for one or more projects, including project specification, functionality, testing and commissioning.
- Perform system testing, factory acceptance testing (FAT) and develop test documents
- Document preparation and obtain customer's approval per document specification and schedule
- Coordinate with factory for product related issues and resolve.
This job might be for you if:
- A recognized Degree in Engineering, EngineeringTechnology, Computer Science or Process Control (desirable).
- Familiar with the products and services within the Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Chemical industry.
- Knowledge of HMI software, DCS system and field instrumentation is preferred.
- Team player with good leadership and communication skills and able to travel when required.
- Strong analytical & logical ability, possess of good judgment, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, forward looking and good leadership abilities.
- Innovative and dynamic with effective communication skills, especially in inter-cultural aspects.
Typically requires 0 - 5 years of professional experience. Specific knowledge of Foxboro IA or Triconex systems is desirable. Knowledge should include ability to install hardware and software, perform configuration, and troubleshoot hardware and software issues.