Viewpoint Construction Software has an opening for a QA Engineer on our Quality Assurance Team in Portland OR. This is an exciting time to join Viewpoint, as we continue to grow and bring new features to our award winning construction collaboration products.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for improving the quality of software releases through automation processes and tools enhancements. Working in an agile environment, the QA Engineer will develop and apply customized testing methodologies to show measurable improvements to the quality of Viewpoint software products. In addition, this person is responsible for automating test cases based on key product workflows that will accelerate testing throughout the software development lifecycle, from build testing to deployment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts
- Continuously evaluate and improve defined software testing processes
- Plan, schedule, and implement infrastructure improvement projects
- Design and develop quality test cases; update, execute, and modify existing test cases as necessary
- Perform functional, manual regression, UI testing, and performance testing
- Define and adhere to quality initiatives
- Provide defect and test metrics to support business decisions related to the quality of the Viewpoint Software
- Willingness and ability to quickly adapt new test technologies and maintain software test products
- Strong initiative, customer-service oriented, and commitment to insure timely, quality solutions to customer issues
- Well-organized, self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things
- Prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and monitor own work to ensure quality
- Present information effectively
- Adaptable to changes in the work environment
- Demonstrate professionalism, strong English verbal and written skills, positive attitude, strong work ethic, conscientious attitude, and good judgment
- Demonstrated test automation and scripting skills
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field plus a minimum of two years relevant experience in software quality assurance or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong understanding of QA processes
- Knowledge of virtualization and controlled test environments
- Experience with TFS/VSTS for test management and/or build/release management
- Strong skills with a variety of business software tools
- Experience with Selenium test automation, C#, or PowerShell
- Prior experience with geographically disperse teams
- Understanding of Accounting software (payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable)
- Familiarity with performance testing and performance analysis techniques
- Capability to work in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery test environment
Work takes place in an office setting. It requires the ability to sit and work at a keyboard for extended periods of time and communicate with team members and other departments in person and by phone, computer, and video teleconferencing.
This position requires regular interaction with team members in an agile development environment. The ability to be present at the work site on a core schedule that facilitates team interaction is essential to the successful performance of this job.