Sargent & Lundy provides comprehensive consulting, engineering, design, and analysis for electric power generation and power delivery projects worldwide. With a highly experienced staff solely dedicated to the energy business, we have the ability and know-how to take on the smallest tasks as well as the largest projects.
- Under the direction of the project lead, this position will offer you the opportunity to work in a project team environment withother engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of new and existing nuclear power plant electrical systems.
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electricalengineering issues.
- Assist the project lead in efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Prepare and review detailed calculations, including three phase power studies, short circuit, voltage drop, motor starting and protective relay settings.
- Prepare documentation for design input for drawing production.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Conduct bid evaluations.
- Develop project work plans.
- Provide guidance as a mentor in the development of less experienced engineers.
Essential skills and experience:
- Candidates must have U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency.
- A BSEE degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program is required; MSEE preferred.
- Six or more years experience in the design of electricalengineering systems in a project team environment with a focus on integrated, detailed system design for new plants, or modifications or replacements for existing plants. Experience must include the selection of equipment, materials, control philosophy, and the preparation and assembling of calculations and specifications. Experience is requiredwithelectrical system design including medium and low voltagedistribution systems (transformers, generators, motors), communication systems, equipment selection, and analytical calculations.
- Experiencewith serving as firm/client liaison in a support or lead engineering role.
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented approach to work.
- Capable of being badged for unescorted access to a nuclear station.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- PE license preferred.
- Construction and start-up experience a plus.
- SRO or RO training is a plus.