ERM is seeking a Senior Health & Safety Specialist, with significant consulting experience and private-sector client relationships in the San Francisco Bay Area. The ideal candidate will bring a wealth of Occupational Health and Safety (H&S) technical capability and deep understanding of California regulations, as well as business processes to help our clients proactively address their EHS risks and challenges.
- Develop and manage innovative, behavior and performance outcome-focused approaches and programs for a variety of clients with complex technical/ regulatory issues.
- Design and implement corporate H&S strategies and programs for behavior-based safety, compliance auditing, safety management systems, process safety and risk management, high-impact training, and general compliance support.
- Conduct training, field coaching, and assessment for safety performance improvement projects.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and other Program/Project Managers to effectively manage and deliver projects.
- Effectively steward and build client relationships leading to repeat business.
- Provide on-site compliance support at client facilities.
- Appropriately delegate project assignments to project teams and mentor junior staff.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other ERM employees.
- BS/MS in safety, occupational health, engineering, or related science degree.
- 7+ years relevant experience in working with significant industrial clients on regulatory compliance and sustainable H&S compliance programs, with emphasis on the manufacturing, power, and hi-tech sectors.
- Certification in field; CSP, CIH, PE, or similar registration highly desirable. Current DOT screening.
- Be passionate about EHS performance improvement and have substantial experience with practical implementation of the following H&S topics:
- Hazard Recognition
- NFPA 70E
- Special Industries
- Ability to work with all levels of management and employees to promote a culture of safety.
- Solid understanding of the relevant local, state and federal regulations and how they apply to heavy industry and manufacturing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Recognized technical expertise by and established reputation in the local marketplace.
Job Code: 11165