Our Sr. Product Manager will position Wellmark as a leader in health and well-being by approaching product development and services with a holistic approach that will increase market position, while ultimately improving the overall health and well-being of our members in Iowa and South Dakota. This individual will take a leadership role in defining the product and pricing strategy for assigned products, ultimately aligning and driving desired behaviors within the market. This individual will utilize their understanding of customers, employers, distributionchannels as well as the competitive landscape via primary and secondary market research to identify potential opportunities or enhancements to products and services. Ongoing collaboration with marketing, sales, network, pharmacy, health and care management, and other areas throughout the organization will be critical in order to ensure expertise is incorporated in the build around our product portfolios, packages and services.
If you’re in search of an opportunity to grow your career in a challenging, rewarding individual contributor role where you’ll serve as business owner for assigned product lines, interact with key stakeholders and decision makers, and influence the development and delivery of customer-focused solutions, consider applying today!
**This role requires a non-compete agreement.
- Accountability: Owning and taking responsibility for one’s actions.
- Business Acumen: Understanding industry, market, financial and company specific operations.
- Collaboration and Communication: Working together; listen to other’s ideas; communicate accurately and concisely.
- Decision Making: Consider all facts and impacts when making decisions.
- Focus on the Customer: Consistently doing what is in the best interest of our customer. Leaving a positive impression on the customer by elevating their experience; making it simpler and educating to helping them understand.
Minimum Qualifications Required (all must be met to be considered)
- Bachelor’s Degree or direct and applicable work experience.
- 4+ years of product development, product management, or similar experience that reflects knowledge of the product development lifecycle, strategic planning, and ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams in a corporate environment.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate data, solve problems, and independently make decisions. Must be able to connect the dots and draw conclusions from data in order to provide recommendations that support corporate strategies.
- Willingness to approach problems from different perspectives in order to produce creative, innovative solutions.
- Understanding of customer needs, including the ability to translate these into competitive products and services.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with the ability to share insights or recommendations with stakeholders, including senior leadership. Ability to develop and facilitate presentations.
- Group facilitation and interpersonal skills. Proven success building relationships, consulting effectively, influencing stakeholder decisions, and promoting collaboration and teamwork.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and web-based applications.
- Self-starter with strong time management skills and the ability to effectively prioritize projects or tasks. Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to coach, mentor, train, and provide feedback to Product Managers.
Hiring Specifications Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Health insurance industry experience, including knowledge of products, benefit design, and funding arrangements.
- Understanding of the customer and product lifecycle for ancillary products.
a. Responsible for the planning and development of the product plan that drives and conveys strategic business objectives through the launch and management of product design, portfolios and support tools. Draw from data and research to provide analysis and deliver recommendations for strategic planning.
b. Utilize market insights and the annual planning process to deploy products that meet the needs of our current and future customers. In collaboration with the Product Data Analyst identify data needs to help optimize product portfolio and product performance.
c. In collaboration with internal stakeholders identify and evaluate new product opportunities, enhancements to existing products, and potential partners to increase sales, retention and profitability. Obtain agreement on priority of product ideas by securing buy-in from senior leadership within sales and marketing.
d. In collaboration with actuarial resources and segment performance, identify and evaluate pricing strategy for assigned products. Obtains leadership buy-in as appropriate.
e. Build strong relationships and collaborate with marketing, marketing communications, sales, network, health and care management, provider relations and other stakeholders as needed. Work with these business areas to collaborate and ensure product strategies are aligned to our corporate initiatives.
f. Impact customer satisfaction by developing products and services that are focused on providing a holistic and streamlined experience for the customer.
g. Define optimal go-to market approach that includes product positioning, packaging and activation strategies that display a full understanding of Wellmark's health, well-being products and ancillary services to ensure that our groups/individuals have a comprehensive product portfolio that transitions with them through their various life stages.
h. Partner with Legal, Compliance and the Regulatory and Compliance Manager to understand complex health insurance regulations and legislative activity and determine impact to product and service portfolio.
i. Effectively partner with vendors, customers and/or other external parties to develop and offer ancillary services and products that meet defined strategic objectives. This could include ensuring regulatory compliance, contract negotiation, vendor evaluation, etc.
j. Serve as the business subject matter expert and/or business owner for projects related to product development or enhancements. Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to ensure products and strategic objectives are delivered timely and within budget.
k. Actively research and stay current with industry issues, competitor products, and apply knowledge of the health and well-being industry and Wellmark's marketplace to drive recommendations.
l. Other duties as assigned. Apply for this job onlineRefer this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed
Job ID 212699