The Manager of Development will provide the strategic vision and guidance on the development of the SIS software solution while working in a hands on capacity on a day to day basis. This role must think strategically and be able to mentor and lead teams of software developers, both on-shore as well as in India. This role will work closely with the Director of Development to ensure product viability in the market.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for multiple product lines
- Make recommendations for hiring, firing, reviewing developers.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of a multi-team, cross-functional organization.
- Manage and mentor a team, preparing work schedules and assigning tasks and duties.
- Prioritize and allocate projects, products, and resources.
- Drive, lead, and manage large development projects
- Must be able to drive Agile teams, deliverables, schedules, and release plans
- Will handle Research & Development for the projects
- Participate in the strategic decisions about technology, definition, and implementation of the current software product as well as new applications.
- Develop an internal training program for new hires, especially Junior Software Engineers.
- Develop technical requirement documents for coding solutions.
- Work together with product management in order to understand and develop functional requirements
- Technical expertise in MS Azure
- Agile experience a must; Scrum Master experience a plus
- Must be comfortable as a working manager
- Hands on knowledge of object oriented principles and syntax derived from over 5-7 years of experience. Either in C++, Java, C#...
- Proven management and leadership abilities in a Team Lead position for 2-3 years.
- Proven experience managing offshore development teams
- Must have the ability to accommodate calls outside the normal business hours with the offshore teams
- Skill in systems analysis in order to determine who the solution should work and know how changes in conditions, operations and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Skill in critical thinking in order to use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to a problem.
- Skill in managing, mentoring, and developing a team. Situational Leadership training a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborative in order to achieve departmental goals.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, high stress development environment.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization in both verbal and written formats.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time during the first year of employment, and 25% subsequent years
Surgical Information Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Tracking Code 174-895