Manages technical, professional staff who develop corporate environmental regulatory positions for environmental issues related to emerging environmental regulations. Meets with key regulatory and government officials, to influence major emerging environmental regulatory and policy issues. Monitors and analyzes proposed and approved regulatory requirements, to determine impact to Dominion. Develops comments, and supports operations in developing compliance strategies. Represents company on industry committees and environmental agency, regulatory development groups. Supports public policy staff on legislative issues. Manages professional who support the preparation of environmental publications (on-line reports) and corporate SEC reports. Manages professional who support corporate environmental benchmarking. Coordinates development of corporate environmental guidance documents and training. Supports VP and Senior Environmental Policy Advisor on sustainability issues.
Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
The knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences that are required for entry into this job include the following:
- Expert knowledge (minimum of 10 years or more) of directly related work in environmental regulations and regulatory development processes, at state and federal levels.
- Demonstrated work experience in the environmental field related to environmental regulations advocacy.
- Prior leadership experience preferred.
- Strong team-building skills and excellent employee leadership skills.
- Excellent technical writing, public speaking, and communication skills.
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to interface effectively with internal and external stakeholders, during regulatory processes.
- Ability to work and develop rapport with all levels of management and staff. Ability to represent the company in public forums.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Environmental related knowledge gained from a Bachelor's degree.
- Ability to track issues, develop schedules and make assignments to ensure completion.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, to include Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Basic use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Basic respectful assertiveness to proactively ensure environmental compliance requirements are met by others while considering the spirit and letter of the law.
- Embraces collaborative problem solving.
- Communicating effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Shares information with others and facilitates open exchange of ideas.
- Basic interpersonal skills to interface effectively with internal stakeholders.
- Adaptive to adjusting own actions in relation to others' actions.
- Ability to remain professional while delivering high quality reliable environmental services to internal and external customers.
- Adherence to Dominion environmental and safety policies, guidance and work practices.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree is required.
- Disciplines: Preferred: Environmental Science,Environmental Studies