Manager, Supply Chain Business Development and Strategic Marketing
CEVA Logistics is currently hiring a Manager, Business Development Strategic Marketing located in Jacksonville, FL. The Manager is directly involved with developing and managing the processes to ensure our Business Development organization is trained, knowledgeable, and equipped to represent the company/brand with professionalism, passion, and integrity.
In this high-visibility position, the Manager, Business Development Strategic Marketing will:
- Work closely with multiple areas of the company to provide strategic management, leadership and direction for Business Development and Commercial processes including the contractual review process, BD & customer facing tools, and training initiatives
- Act as the centralized point of guidance for all Business Development related activities
- Create BD Excellence and Sales Enablement for the Americas region.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reviewing, negotiating, and leading the commercial review and approval process for the Top ten new business opportunities at any given point in time.
- Monitoring, and tracking all quote activity in the U.S. Over 3,000 quotes per month. Works closely with SVP product leaders (Air, Ocean, and Domestic) to adapt our quoting processes and pricing to increase our hit rate on quotes.
- Developing, implementing, and rolling out a domestic quote tools to all U.S. freight stations (50+). Provide ongoing enhancement, training, and user adoption of the tool as well as overseeing the pricing in the tool to make our pricing more competitive.
- In collaboration with the legal department is accountable for the commercial review process, rules & guidelines, exception management and approval authorization processes for all customer contracts.
- Provide guidance and strategic leadership to IS&S on new and current tools to improve Business Development & Customer Facing solutions. Examples include RFQ library, Knowledge center, C-View, OneView, Quoting, Travel, Expense Reports, and customer reporting tools.
- Managing through a direct report all requests for information queries (RFI’s) received by Nortam BD. Estimated to be 150 annually.
- In conjunction with the Training department develop materials to train Business Development personnel in the areas of negotiations, business rules, pricing, tariffs, customer on boarding, product training, etc.
- In the Americas region is responsible for the infrastructure, process and resources required to provide sales pipeline, market comparison and financial results reporting to the BD organization, executives and investors.
- Identifying, managing, tracking, and driving resolution of all Business at Risk accounts.
- Oversee and act as decision maker for customer IS&S projects to ensure customer projects are properly prioritized in the various IS&S work streams.
- Coordinating, directing, and negotiating PSS rate increases with top air import customers during peak season.
- Plan and implement appropriate resources (staffing, training, equipment, and systems) for the satisfactory achievement of corporate BD and Americas BD goals.
- Oversee and manage the professional development and productivity of staff members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development and project requirements are met; and succession plans in place for all key positions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or a related field with a Master’s degreepreferred
- Minimum five to ten years related experience in progressive management roles
- Minimum five to ten years industry experience
Additional Skills and Experience that Contribute to Success:
- Ability to solve critical issues in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of the department including purchasing, budget preparation and review, financialreporting and monitoring expenses
- Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span
- Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Systems development and deployment experience
- Root cause analysis and problem solving at both a strategic and functional level
- Tactical skills in Process Improvement, freight and distribution, materials management and production scheduling
- Technical skills in database concepts, logic and analysis
- Demonstrated success in leading, managing and developing high performance teams
- Extensive knowledge of all company products and service lines including third party logistics-ocean, gateway operations, ocean freight consolidation and domestic and international freight forwarding and warehousing with emphasis on the cost and profit drivers of each product
- In-depth knowledge in supply chain management (end to end); and multi-modal (ocean, air, TL and LTL)
- Demonstrated leadership skills both in influencing a complex organization, and in driving operational and systems improvements
- Knowledge of business planning methodologies, competitive analysis, and strategy development
- Excellent planning, time management, collaboration, decision making, organization, presentation and negotiating skills
- Proficient in project management methodologies with a focus on managing solution driven strategy plans to achieve goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to direct and ensure adherence to standard operating procedures, metrics, and regulatory compliance (both domestic and international)
- Experienced in financial management (P & L, balance sheet, forecasting, and budgets) to effectuate return on investment