The Director of Sales is responsible for the growth and business development of the market segment and brand through new account development as well as developing a plans to grow wallet share with existing customers through a trained and skilled sales team as well as a breadth of products, tools and resources.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
20% • Manage a team of Inside Sales Professionals to deliver profitable growth and develop new programs to help drive new profitable sales growth.
20% • Manage the vendor relationship in concert with our Merchandising team.
20% • Responsible for recruiting, selecting, and training new associates.
20% • Maintains sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
10% • Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
10% • Monitor external environment, competitive industry trends, and identify new product/services opportunities and funnel to upper management
NATURE AND SCOPE
Position reports to Division Vice President
Number of Direct Reports: 3
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5-10 years
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking,
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years’ relevant sales and business development experience.
• Sales leadership, professionalism, business development expertise, strong closing skills, and a proven track record of sales growth for areas of direct accountability are paramount to the success of this position.
• Highly-motivated, assertive, out-of-the-box thinker
• Product knowledge (Security products is preferred, but not required)
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints
• Detailed, organized, strong analytical skills and a strategic approach to business are critical
• The ability to understand and analyze a customer’s business and balance sheet, allowing for the identification of value based business opportunities that maximize profits