Job Number : 81684
Division : Accounting
The Senior Internal Auditor performs evaluations of the Company's operational, financial and compliance risks. This individual must be able to lead and perform, individually or in a team, all phases of internal audits and internal consulting projects including planning, fieldwork, reporting results and performing subsequent follow-up procedures.
Key attributes of role include the ability to:
Develop an audit risk assessment.
Document/Update process flowcharts and narratives.
Determine the appropriate detailed audit procedures to be performed. Prepare audit programs and perform testing.
Evaluate and identify the adequacy and effectiveness of the internal controls.
Assess exposures resulting from ineffective controls and provide recommendations to address identified control deficiencies.
Engagements may be under the Sarbanes-Oxley 404 (SOX) compliance initiative as well as outside of the SOX scope. Some audits may be of an operational or compliance nature.
Determine compliance with policies and procedures.
Participate in special audit or consulting projects as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field required.
* CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred.
* 5+ years of public accounting experience supporting manufacturing clients or internal audit experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment with a publically traded company.
* Sound project management and leadership skills.
* Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of GAAP and related financial reporting requirements.
* Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
* Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Strong written communication and report-writing skills.
* ACL or other audit software experience preferred.