The Senior Legal Counsel, US Vendor Contracts will be a member of the IP & Vendor Contracts team whose other members are in the U.S. and the UK and will be responsible for legal review of vendor contracts for a wide variety of goods and services being purchased by T. Rowe Price. This attorney may work from the legal department in T. Rowe Price’s offices in Owings Mills, Maryland or Colorado Springs, Colorado, where other attorneys provide legal services to T. Rowe Price. This position will also provide legal advice relating to contract provisions and external communications to the business units within the firm. This position requires in-depth knowledge of vendor contract principles, industry standards relevant for these contracts, and applicable laws and regulations that impact vendor contracts (including intellectual property and privacy/data protection).
- Responsible for lifecycle of vendor contracts, including reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts (including RFP terms, amendments, etc.) for goods and services primarily relating to affiliates/offices located in the U.S., including cloud-based services, software and data licenses, general services, outsourced services, consulting services, facilities, construction, and real estate. Works with T. Rowe Price associates from all areas of the company and outside counsel, as necessary. Adeptly and proactively identifies and escalates issues and provides risk-based recommendations and advice within strategic business conversations. Manages and facilitates internal contracts process, execution, and retention.
- Responsible for providing legal advice and counsel on issues arising from existing contracts, including compliance with contract terms, termination or renewal. Drafts termination letters. Advises and assist with negotiations to resolve contract disputes with third parties
- Assists in negotiations to resolve contract disputes with third parties.
- Handles or provides assistance with special projects.
- LawDegree from accredited school of law
- 7 years of related work experience
- Must have in-depth specialized knowledge of the review and negotiation of technologycontracts, cloud-based services and migration, software and data licenses, maintenance and support and consulting agreements, and other similar business arrangements and contracts.
- Familiarity with intellectual property and privacy/data protection terms required or customary in vendor contracts involving personal data, or the ability and willingness to acquire such knowledge.
- Strong writing, verbal, and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Advanced intellectual, professional, and interpersonal agility and flexibility.
- Ability to manage successfully and prioritize effectively multiple complex matters in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact effectively and work in partnership with a diverse group of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to balance the needs of individual business units with a broader understanding of the objectives of the firm as a whole.
- Excellent conflict management skills.
- 7 + years of relevant experience since the date of bar admission in a private law firm or corporate legal department setting.
- Knowledge of global Intellectual Property and Privacy laws a plus but not required.
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer