At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. nfrastructure nployees relish challenging projects working alongside technology’s best and the brightest. Our team members enjoy the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve problems and capitalize on opportunities. Our work environments are designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success. We are a high-growth organization that counts many of the world’s most admired brands as customers. nfrastructure is a CRN Triple Crown winner, a member of the Fast Growth 150, Tech Elite 250 and Solution Provider 500, Inc.’s Build 100 List of Sustained-Growth Companies, Inc.’s 500|5000 list, and are recognized as both a Times Union Top Workplace and a Best Company to Work for in New York State.
The role: Project Manager
The Project Manager oversees a portfolio of small to mid-sized projects at nfrastructure. These projects generally include those that are in a solutioned state / pre- start-up mode, pre-implementation phase or are in progress (either in transition or steady state). Project scope of services include all phases of project work, including but not limited equipment installation, coordinating technical teams, coordinating support from maintenance technicians, field networkengineering, and security and alarm installation support and operations. The engagements may also include more traditional project-driven services with a defined start and end date, such as a technology refresh at customer location(s).
- Manage day to day operational activities for a portfolio of projects across various internal functional departments within nfrastructure.
- End-to-end responsibility for successful delivery in a matrix resource environment for all of the project deliverables.
- Provide weekly status reports to the Director, PMO detailing open tickets, issues, corrective actions and project statuses.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders, including the customer project manager, through regular and proactively scheduled meetings. Deliver services based on contractual deliverables.
- Conform to customer service level agreements (SLA’s) to ensure decreased liability and penalties for not meeting SLA requirements.
- Oversight and management of equipment installation and coordination of technical teams
- Coordination of support work from other departments including but not limited to maintenance technicians, field networkengineering, security and alarm installation support and operations.
- Use specialized technical knowledge to identify, evaluate, and resolve various interrelated problems from various sources.
- Recommend improvements to established procedures and processes.
- Provide technical guidance to Associate Project managers.
- Lead team of multi skilled resources to direct goals and deliverables of project deadlines
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three (3) years of experience serving in a project management capacity. A minimum of seven (7) years of hands-on project management experience can replace the educational requirement.
- Experience working in several interrelated departmental projects.
- Demonstrated track record for managing small to medium projects that span from minor complexity to high complexity scope.
- Proven experience effectively interacting with customers, including relationship building.
- Ability to work with customer management team to provide status and set expectations to ensure project success.
- PMI member with demonstrated ability to use PMI methods in work products/project execution including change management, risk management, and issues management.
- Experience delivering presentations.
- Negotiation skills to achieve coordination and results.
- Ability to demonstrate clear understanding of managing all project phases
- Ability to effectively and proactively manage changes in project scope
- Responsible for managing project budgets
- Proficient in Budget analysis and understands and has used standard PMI-based financial formulas to analyze earned value
- Experience and success in managing service level agreements with penalties
- Experience with, or managing projects with, field-based deliverables, and practical experience with concepts such as technicianutilization, ticket backlog, and workload balancing
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to proactively develop and implement strategies that significantly mitigate risk
- Ability to work and adapt to change in a fast paced environment
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, PMO Dashboard
- PMP Certification
- Dynamic high growth environment with multiple concurrent projects
- Data center/infrastructure and operations experience
- Experience with Service desk tool suites
- Proficient in MS Project
- Experience with ServiceNow,
- Concepts of Networking Fundamentals
- Microsoft Vision