The Customer Support Account Manager will follow best practices and incorporate independent problem solving to provide an excellent customer experience to drive long-term customer retention. This role will provide proactive customer support by creating tools for customer use, sharing knowledge and building programs to educate and provide a positive user experience with Lanyon’s products and services.
What You Will Be Doing
- Monitor and resolve open customer cases throughout the issue lifecycle to ensure compliance with documented service level agreements. Utilize discretion and independent judgment in analyzing and solving a wide range of complex customer concerns.
- Drive improved use and capabilities of Lanyon’s products and services through education and customer engagement.
- Execute and improve best practices in Customer Support through continuous assessment and feedback from departmental leaders.
- Manage and communicate reoccurring and high-visibility issues to manager. As needed, escalate critical issues to Customer Support Manager.
- As requested, provide support to new hires on support policies and customer services issues and initiatives.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge on general computer skills.
- Work with development to ensure defects are handled appropriately including the facilitation of communication between development and the customer
- Handle complex issues including the training and ongoing education with Lanyon Top Customers list in the design and use of the applications. Handle case escalations including Level 2 and 3 testing and diagnostics.
- Provide first line diagnostic/troubleshooting support and technical expertise to answer Top customer and supplier questions, troubleshoot and resolve specific product related issues while maximizing customer and supplier satisfaction.
- Provide assistance with explanation of product features, installation and configuration and deployment of product upgrades and software patches to Top customers, Account Managers, CSA’s and Deployment Engineers, etc.
- Prepare FAQ’s, upgrade notes/Articles in Knowledgebase, how to documents and other support documents.
- Provide subject-matter expertise and support to the development team and trouble shoot system issues reported by clients.
- Effectively utilize customer support soft skills to maintain a positive working relationship between Lanyon Technology and its customers and partners.
- Demonstrate positive customer support skills validated by maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Function independently and provide recommend changes to day-to-day operations, standards, policies, and procedures to maintain support capabilities and team morale, in coordination between Director/Vice President Customer Support.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in communications, business, technology or engineeringpreferred
- Intermediate computer experience with in-depth knowledge of MS office and web-based systems
- Previous customer support experiencerequired
- Experience in the travel or hospitality industry
- GDS Experiencerequired
- Customer Service Focus: Ability to use discretion and independent judgment to solve complex problems; Strong customer engagement service skills to drive improved use of capabilities
- Superior Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interface with a wide range of personalities and levels within Lanyon and client organizations; Professional communication style
- Data Collection and Analysis: Proactive listening; resourceful in collecting sufficient data; Analysis of data to develop and implement best solution
- Initiative: Self-starter with strong sense of ownership; Tenacity in problem solving with positive outcomes; Motivated to increase capacity and responsibility – i.e. becoming a Senior Customer Support Representative or seeking other roles in the organization with a higher level of responsibility
- Detailed Oriented: Detailed administrative skills for tracking and reporting
- Extensive knowledge of all five major GDS