Airgas Inc., an Air Liquide company, is one of the country’s largest supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases. As the leading U.S. distributor, Airgas has a focus on quality products—but we recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. With more than 17,000 employees working in approximately 1,100 locations—branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty labs, gas production facilities and distribution centers—chances are, there is a career at Airgas custom fit for you.
JOB SUMMARY: The Plant Manager will lead the operations effort for the Airgas Specialty Products facility in Hanford, California and surround area. The goal is to meet or exceed annual operations objectives for the facility, while complying with company procedures and government regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- · Direct management responsibility for all Drivers & Plant Workers. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: associate hiring, coaching, training, safety, compliance and discipline.
- · Oversee and manage all plant operations including, but not limited to: safety, production, regulatory compliance, equipment ordering, parts ordering, and keeping office supplies and worker supplies stocked, etc.
- · Oversee and manage quality assurance program.
- · Oversee and manage standard operating procedures.
- · Share joint responsibility with the operations team to supervise product supply and inventory, and assist upper management with inventory planning and rail car demands as necessary.
- · Accountable for employee compliance with Airgas Safety Manual. This includes, but is not limited to: safety meetings, safety contacts, medical surveillance program, hazardous work program, plant inspections, ect.
- · Responsible for compliance with RMP/PSM procedures.
- · Accountability for employee training and documentation (WB Manager, DQ files, monthly safety meetings, safety contacts, etc.)
- · Will work with Western Region Distribution Manager to assign driver dispatch.
- · Responsible for managing and compliance of driver Hours of Service and DOT rules and regulation.
- · Responsible for effective use of all driver resources including minimizing the overtime, leveling the work load across all drivers, and cross training all drivers to handle all distribution equipment.
- · Oversee all truck and trailer maintenance and documentation including but not limited to: compliance and tracking of driver vehicle inspection reports, repairs, monthly inspections, annual and five year testing, etc.
- · Interact with Fleet Manager & Warner Fleet Services as needed regarding vendor invoicing, maintenance approvals and equipment issues and tracking.
- · Assist in planning & managing plant projects and upgrades with Regional Manager & Engineering as needed.
- · Work with the sales team to address any customer issues or concerns.
- · Work with Regional Management team to cover work load due to shifting business patterns.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · 6+ years professional work experience including a supervisory role.
- · Bachelor Degree preferred.
- · Knowledge of Safety and Regulatory/DOT/OSHA/EPA Compliance.
- · Experience with hazardous material with knowledge in hazmat regulations.
- · Knowledge of industrial chemical distribution or logistics including inventory management preferred.
- · Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS office including experience with MS Excel.
- · Good oral and writing skills as well as strong interpersonal skills. Fluent in the English language.
- · Good organizational skills.
- · Good mechanical aptitude and problem solving skill set.
- · Communication skills in order to effectively communicate with branch associates and all levels of management within Airgas.
- · Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to motivate others.
- · Willingness to travel up to 25%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · Able to talk, hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- · Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- · Travel - driving and airline flights – up to 25%
- · Must be capable of wearing a chemical respirator if necessary
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · Office environment
- · Industrial Chemical Plants - Process Equipment, piping, chemicals
- · Industrial Construction Sites - In progress construction sites with construction equipment and partially completed structures
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
PLANT MANAGER - 13693