AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practicalterms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those ofyour friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
Directs the overall financial plans/activities of the High Point and Roanoke organizations in conjunction with corporate and BU policies, directives and schedules.
This includes directing the financial reporting and accounting practices of theorganization in accordance with internal and external regulatory requirements such as IFRS and Akzo Nobel In-Control objectives. Additionally, this position is responsible for directing the audit, internal and external, activities of the organization and ensuring that financial and accounting system controls and standards are in place, effective and enforced. These responsibilities are executed according to lawful and ethical standards as referenced in the Corporate Directives, American Code of Business Conduct, and Business Principles. Manages the financial staff (exempt and non-exempt) and responsible for their development, motivation and training.
- Directs the financial reporting and accounting practices to ensure compliance with the internal and external regulatory requirements of IFR and AkzoNobel In-Control objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate financial information to management.
- Direct annual operating plan and rolling forecast events to accurately represent organization’s business activity and financial position regarding income, expenses and earnings.
- Direct internal and external audit activities. Provide leadership and guidance to other SBU sites, particularly regarding fulfillment of compliance requirements.
- Recommend, develop and establish policies, procedures and systems to/for various functional areas to ensure effective and adequate systems of control are in place.
- Direct cost control and financial analysis efforts. .
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve insight into business and financial performance.
- Review all appropriation requests to ensure they are appropriate representations for business unit investment purposes.
- Assist various functional areas in contract/agreement negotiations withcustomers/vendors/etc.
Job requirements/Candidate profile
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 5 -7 years relative experience in manufacturing environment
- Experience with SAP
- CPA preferred
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion ofboth pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility towork in the US.
AkzoNobel is an E-Verify Employer.
AkzoNobel is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V