TA Instruments Applications Organization is comprised of highly skilled, motivated and customer focused professionals that are technical experts on TA’s product lines. As an Applications Engineer you’ll join a team of specialists that are committed to ensuring TA’s world-renowned support for our customers who utilize our scientific instrumentation. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple disciplines including; Sales, Service, Product Management, and Engineering supporting our customers both pre- and post-sale. Whether you are running samples, teaching training courses, giving technical seminars, or doing other tasks to support our worldwide business you’ll find new and exciting challenges daily.
- Provide technical expertise to support worldwide technical sales representatives on pre and post sales activities for the Electroforce product line.
- Perform demonstrations and conduct feasibility tests to characterize customer samples with appropriate data analysis, report authoring and presenting.
- Provide application specific test protocol development support for TA ElectroForce customers.
- Providing technical advisement and recommendations of the appropriate test solutions to prospective customers
- Develop and deliver customer training programs in the form of hands-on laboratory sessions, lectures, application notes and tutorial videos.
- Participation in conferences and tradeshows, including presenting technical papers.
- Collaborate across functional groups, including product management, engineering, sales and service, to provide customer and industry insights.
- Maintain applications lab facilities
- Domestic and International travel is required (30%)
- Minimum of 4 yearBachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science. Masters or Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ of relevant industrialexperience.
- Has a a solid understanding of mechanical testing and instrumentation.
- Prior experience with ElectroForce test instruments and WinTest software a plus
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel by both air and ground carrier. Both domestically and internationally.