Sr. Tax Analyst, State and Local Indirect Tax
5 - 7 years experience • Chemicals
As we create a colorful, capable and cleaner world through chemistry, we invite you to join our team to harness the power of chemistry to shape markets, redefine industries and improve lives for billions of people around the world.
The Chemours Company headquartered in Wilmington, DE, has a current opportunity for a Sr. Tax Analyst – State and Local Indirect Tax. This is a highly visible, key role within the Company and the Finance function. This position will report to the Tax Manager.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Liaison with third party service providers who prepare sales and use tax returns. Collect monthly sales and use tax accrual information to be provided to third party service provider for timely filing of monthly sales/use tax returns
- Ensure monthly journal entries for sales and use taxes are accurately and timely recorded in general ledger
- Prepare/Review monthly Sales and Use Tax Account Reconciliations
- Perform occasional sales and use tax research
- Coordinate sales and use tax and property taxaudits
- Coordinate the collection of fixed asset information to be submitted to third party provider for preparing annual property tax returns
- Review property tax assessment notices received from local jurisdictions to determine if assessed values are appropriate. Recommend appeals when deemed necessary, and provide data to third party property tax consultants for appeal preparation.
- Work with Tax Assistant to ensure all property taxes are timely paid. Maintain property tax calendar for property tax payments.
- Coordinate property tax reimbursements from lessees or property tax payments to lessors for leased properties
- Review property tax accruals for accuracy and provide site accountants with updated accrual data for company plant sites when necessary
- Assist on special projects for sales/use tax compliance and property tax compliance.
- Identify and implement process improvements to better leverage department resources.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related degree, CPA and/or MST preferred
- 5 years of indirect SALT compliance, audit and research experience
- Good communication (verbal and written), organization, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently on tasks and projects; while also collaborating with peers in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent computer skills with demonstrated analytic skills, experience with One Source Property Tax software a plus
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer.
Chemours is an E-Verify employer.
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation