Senior Analyst, IoT Cybersecurity
About IHS Markit
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
Senior Analyst, IoT Cybersecurity
IHS Markit is seeking a senior analyst to join its cybersecurity research practice. The senior analyst position is located in our London, UK, or Austin, Texas or Campbell, California office, or remote. The analyst will work with a team of colleagues located across multiple locations in Europe, APAC and North America. The successful candidate will be able to apply strong analytical and communication skills to develop a deep understanding of the fast-paced cybersecurity industry, with a specific focus on the internet of things. They will develop customer relations with existing and potential clients, and produce high quality in-depth reports to support the critical business decisions of our customers. The analyst will also be required to do occasional domestic and international travel for research and business development purposes.
- Support the research activities of the IHS Markit Technologycybersecurity research practice, helping to define, drive, and evolve the coverage area and services
- Produce high-quality and accurate market size, share, and forecast reports with rock-solid methodology for estimating technology adoption and vendor equipment revenue, providing short-term and long-term market analysis, fundamental market drivers, top players and market segment analysis, and product developments
- Write research notes providing regular written opinion for clients on hot topics in this space, including technology shifts, regional and vertical activity, key product announcements, M&As, and more
- Develop and analyze survey research on important markets and technologies in cybersecurity and IoT, providing in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis on trends, drivers, barriers, preferences, and strategies
- Forge and maintain relationships with all players in the ecosystem, including equipment manufacturers, chip and component manufacturers, test and measurement providers, service providers, end-users, and investment analysts
- Develop new research services to address an ever-changing and evolving market
- Speak at conferences and present key data findings to customers
- Forge and maintain relationships with the trade and business press, providing useful data and opinion in publications, raising awareness of our services and brand
- Participate in social media, such as Twitter and LinkedIn, to engage with customers, journalists, and industry players, and to promote your knowledge
- Regularly meet with key industry personnel to drive business development with clients and prospects and support IHS Markit account managers to grow cybersecurity research revenue
- Bachelor's degree in engineering , computer science or industry-related fields, required; graduate degree is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of industry analyst, product management, or corporate strategy experience related to cybersecurity
- Expertise in cybersecurity, threat mitigation technologies, end-point security market drivers, and trends
- Knowledge of Understanding of SCADA/ICS cybersecurity systems as well as securitytechnology, products and services for semiconductors, apps, middleware, network, and cloud used to protect IoT devices (consumer and enterprise IoT)
- Understanding of cybersecurity regulatory issues and standards
- Understanding of cybersecuritytechnology/solutions (encryption, identity and access management, threat detection and mitigation, monitoring and analysis, management/policy)
- Strong relationships with equipment manufacturers, software vendors, service providers, chip and component manufacturers, investment community, and other ecosystem players
- Solid analytic, logic, and quantitative skills
- Experience in segmenting, sizing, and forecastingtechnology markets
- Polished and engaging written and oral communication skills, including public speaking
- Microsoft Excel expertise
- Understanding of questionnaire design and survey research methodology
- Affinity for working on a dynamic team
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); experience with databases helpful
- Requires a keen attention to detail and highly effective organization and prioritization skills including the ability to stay on task and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills, in English, in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible with the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all coworkers around the world, and able to participate in group interactions with colleagues in a multitude of time zones.
- Self-motivation and natural curiosity are essential
The position is located in London UK, or Austin Texas or Campbell California.