Field Service Technician ( Senior / Lead )
Job Duties andResponsibilities
The ULLS-A Field Service Technician will provide functional and technical support for ULLS-A (E) programs to include: Log Book, Quality Control, Production Control, Back Shops, Decision Support Systems, Flight Operations, Deployable Server, Supply, Aviation Maintenance Automatic Tracking System (AMATS), and Combat Service Support Automation Management Officer (CSSAMO).
The ULLS-A Field Service Technician Using established procedures, assist in the transfer of data to and from the unit.
• Provide assistance to input aircraft historical data from paper documents into ULLS-A (E) data.
• Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting procedures to customer in support of ULLS-A (E).
• Provide assistance to the units when ULLS-A (E) software version upgrades are required.
• Collect data concerning software bugs and recommend improvements to higher authority.
• Provide client instruction on how to resolve software issues.
• Provide logistical support for ULLS-A SkillSoft Course Player 6 (SCP 6) hardware and software.
• Provide on-site briefings/training to participating unit personnel on procedures and unit responsibilities regarding ULLS-A (E) program.
• Provide desk side training for individuals during aircraft validation.
Must be capable of performing analysis of system operations. Must have knowledge of and experience in the operations of hardware systems and components. Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of hardware systems and individual components. Must be capable of routine system maintenance and analysis functions including: hardware configurations; adding, removing and replacing hardware components; use of hardware and software diagnostic testing tools; reading of electronic circuit schematics; and repairing printed circuit boards. A minimum of two (2) years experience in performing similar or related work in the functional area to which assigned is required. Military experience is desirable.
Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience working with the ULLS-A (E) systems.
• Requires IAT Level I certification
• Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
• Interpersonal and People Skills
• Ability to use PC
• Ability to use MS Office
• Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
Qualifications Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent and five to seven years related experience.
Degrees Equivalent Experience/Education
Years of Experience 11-13 years w/High School Diploma
05-07 years w/Bachelors Degree
02-04 years w/Masters Degree