AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Design Build Manager for immediate employment in the Salt Lake City, Utah office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in the management and design of transportation projects with a strong emphasis on design-build projects.
The Design Build Manager in the AECOM Salt Lake City office is a key position and will report to the Highways/Design Build Department Manager in the Rocky Mountain Area. The position includes responsibility for business development, marketing, management of design-build teams and pursuits, management and execution of design-build projects, preliminary design studies and final design of transportation improvement projects. Primary clients include local and national heavy highway construction firms, Utah Department of Transportation as well as counties, and municipalities. Experience in Utah is highly desired as well as experience in, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado.
The successful candidate may be asked to serve as an AECOM group or team leader, project manager, design manager and/or technical task leader on selected projects and will coordinate, cooperate, and work collaboratively with others in the Rocky Mountain Area offices.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Inform the decision process to pursue design-build/alternative delivery projects and select the team and sub consultants
- Identify potential clients and projects, develop and implement pursuit strategies, develop and manage client relations, and monitor client satisfaction
- Coordinate with Rocky Mountain Area AECOM staff
- On selected projects, the position could serve as the design-build design manager, project manager, technical task leader, or reviewer/advisor
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Registered Professional Engineer in Utah or the ability to obtain with 3 months
- 13+ years of transportationexperience, 10 of which involve design build/alternative delivery projects, state and local facilities including highways/roadways, transit, structures, drainage facilities, and related infrastructure improvements
- Experience working with counties, municipalities, department oftransportation, and contractors in Utah
- Experience in business development, marketing, management and design of design-build projects
- Experience mentoring and supervising less experienced staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct business development activities including client management, proposal preparation, interviews and business planning
- Must be detail oriented, thorough, well organized and be able to effectively manage time
- Must have experience providing technical leadership within transportation engineering
- 15+ years of transportationexperience, 10 of which involve design build/alternative delivery projects, state and local facilities including highways/roadways, transit, structures, drainage facilities, and related infrastructure improvements.