With a generation of caring for the communities of north Denver, North Suburban Medical Center has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. North Suburban leads the north Denver area in Core Measure quality ratings and is one of just two hospitals in the state of Colorado to be named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission each of the last five years.
Just 10 minutes north of Denver, North Suburban Medical Center has established a reputation as a facility responsive to patient and community expectations. Our mission, vision, and values were developed as guides so that we continuously understand and respond to our patient and community expectations.
Position Summary: Oversees all business development, marketing and communication activities for facility. Leads the development and execution of strategic plans in coordination with departmental leadership. Supervises all Physician recruiting, satisfaction and retention programs. Leads the formulation of a strategic direction for the organization and for services lines by creating a vision for the corporation based on market research, internal organizational information, and environmental and competitive analyses. This will include the identification of new business opportunities and service line programs and initiatives, as well as the ownership of growth for selected service lines. This position will work to gain increased market share, patient volumes, revenue, employee and physician engagement, and patient satisfaction.
Job Responsibilities & Job Knowledge:
1. Leads the collection and analysis of data for strategic planning purposes and other plans developed to meet hospital strategic initiatives.
2. Leads the Strategic Planning process including regular progress updates. Focus will be on developing tracking and reporting mechanisms to ensure that strategic objectives are measurable.
3. Provides direction to Department Directors in planning special department projects in order to achieve business development goals.
4. Develops, coordinates, and updates annual business plans with targeted service lines. This includes development and presentation of the process with department directors and administrative groups. Focus will be on providing individualized support to department directors in order to further their growth and development in achieving business development goals.
5. Develops and implements marketing tools and methodologies including:
- image/branding (establishes and preserves NSMC/HealthONE identity in all external and internal communications and materials)
- advertising (identifies opportunities and coordinates the design and purchase of ads for print, outdoor & broadcast)
- marketing collateral (oversees design and production of internal and external marketing materials)
- direct marketing (develops and manages new mover and other direct mail programs)
- web site (content and design oversight and maintenance)
- physician referral (program oversight and management)
- special events and promotions (assists with the coordination and communication of marketing-related open houses, ground-breaking ceremonies, seminars, etc. for external and internal audiences)
- Represents NSMC on HealthONE system marketing and business development teams. Contributes to the planning of system-wide business development, marketing and public affairs strategies and tactics. Ensures implementation at NSMC.
7. Leads Media Relations for NSMC programs and events, as well as identified Division projects. Acts as primary media contact for organization.
8. Oversees internal communications, such as employee and physician newsletters, working closely with Human Resources related to the hospital’s activities and issues.
9. Supervises production and dissemination of all printed materials, working in close cooperation with hospital materials management department and Division office
10. Oversees hospital Community Relations programs
11. Develops and implements strategic marketing initiatives for hospital, evaluating market opportunities for enhanced positive exposure and development of advertising campaigns in support of initiatives
12. Develops and implements strategic communication plans
13. Other duties and projects as assigned
Education: Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Public Affairs, or related field. Masters prepared is preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2 years in a director role or 5 years professional experience in business development/marketing management with experience in budgeting, strategic planning, market research, public relations and community affairs.
Requires a high level of knowledge in planning, marketing, marketing research and service line development. A high degree of analytical ability and strategic thinking required in the development of strategies and plans for service lines and the entire Medical Center. This position will require the individual to maintain community involvement to a high degree to provide knowledge of the trends in the community and competitive knowledge in the market. Strong analytical skills and the ability to forecast projects and long-range goals. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Solid writing and editing skills -- grammar, spelling and punctuation. Excellent interpersonal skills to relate effectively with all levels within the organization and outside firms and agencies. Experience in developing physician relationships and growing service lines.
Degree of Supervision Required: Must act independently. Extensive interaction with other employees, external stakeholders, community members, and peers.
Job Code: 03192-64992