UNS Energy Corporation, headquartered in Tucson, Arizona, is a subsidiary of Fortis Inc., the largest investor-owned electric and gas distribution utility in Canada. UNS Energy Corporation’s public utility subsidiaries, Tucson Electric Power Company, UNS Electric, Inc. and UNS Gas, Inc., provide electric and gas service to customers in southern and northern Arizona.
Tucson Electric Power provides safe, reliable electric service to approximately 414,000 customers in Southern Arizona. Although our company has been in business for more than 120 years, we continue to look for innovative ways of providing value, comfort, convenience and security to our customers every day. We’re evaluating cutting-edge energy technologies, reshaping our energy portfolio and expanding our renewable power and energy-efficiency programs. While our line of work can be challenging, it can also be rewarding. Our team of dedicated professionals values engagement, enthusiasm, innovation and collaboration. In return, TEP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes a 401k plan with a generous company match, a company-sponsored pension plan, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, long-term disability insurance and much more. We are currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Programmer Analyst II or III, IS Business Applications. The successful candidate will create new custom solutions to integrate enterprise applications both internally and with vendors and partners that ensure on-time, cost-effective delivery with minimal system and business impact while maintaining compliance with IT and product architecture. Support complex enterprise wide IT applications used by multiple business units and external partners. Assist IS personnel and consults with business clients in the use of information technology and application systems. Workdirectly with application vendors, application service providers, SaaS, and cloud computing providers to meet UNS business needs. Work closely with the IT Enterprise Architecture team to ensure application architecture is consistent with overall IT architecture direction.
Enterprise Technology Tracks Product Expertise and Technical SkillsAll tracks require the following technical skills: Oracle database, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, BPEL/SOA/Oracle Fusion Middleware, object-oriented development, N-Tier development, Toad. Individual tracks require the following additional product expertise and skills listed below. Product Expertise: OBIEE – Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, Oracle Data Integration (ODI), Golden Gate, BI Publisher Technical Skills: ETL Development/Design, Data Warehouse Object Modeling, RPD Development, Report Development, OBIEE Analysis/Dashboard Development, XML, Strong SQL Skills
Position Related Responsibilities Programmer Analyst II
- Performs feasibility evaluations, estimates system analysis and programming time, computer resources, and related costs.
- Performs the project leader role for small projects, directing and reviewing the work of team members.
- Serves as a mentor to other IS personnel to enhance their capabilities.
Programmer Analyst III
- Designs and writes complex functional specifications and programs.
- Creates new custom solutions when supported applications don’t include required functionality.
- Improves application proficiency.
- Utilizes project management techniques to develop project plans and track progress to optimize project resources. Coordinates project priorities with team members, team leaders and other IS Department groups.
- Performs the project leader and/or technical lead role for small to medium projects by assigning, directing and reviewing the work of team members.
- Works closely with chosen technology track vendors to understand the vendor application roadmap and potential impact on UNS business.
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesLevel II: Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years programming experience, with some demonstrated abilities in project management and business requirements definition.
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion.
- Good organizational, time management, customer service and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions.
- General understanding of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Minimum 2 years programming experience or a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Good understanding of systems integration principles.
Level III: Minimum Qualifications:
- Typically has a minimum 8 years of experience in Information Technology with demonstrated experience in programming, project management, requirements definition, program development and systems design. Demonstrated ability to envision new software solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to make presentations to customers or professional peers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead small project teams consisting of 2-4 technical resources, or serve as a project Technical Lead.
- Good understanding of the business processes supported.
- Detailed understanding of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Preferred qualifications of Level II.
- Five years’ experience with products and functionality in chosen technology track indicated above.
- Two or more years of successful project management experience. Good understanding of systems integration and Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) principles.
- Demonstrated aptitude for team leadership.
**This position may close at any time**