Job Description Summary
The Regional Director ofSales (RDS) isresponsible for deliveringportfolio revenue results that contribute to the mission and overall success of the company. This is achieved through performance objectives focused on occupancy, ADR, and extended stay mix. The RDS represents the company in helping develop and implement strategic revenue initiatives, and being a stakeholder for creating processes forsales and marketing that support the localsales effort of a hotel Director ofSales. The RDS partners with the Sonesta ES Suites Regional Team, and Sonesta GlobalSales Office to communicate, execute, and reinforce the directsales activities that must occur at each hotel to meet company and owner expectations. The RDS plays an important role in setting, and reinforcing the company and brand culture with regard to marketing and positioning activities. In all areas it is the responsibility of the RDS to ensure consistency with the execution of brandsales and marketing programs throughout the region. As part of our Extended Stay Brand’s leadership team, the RDS must be committed to growing and inspiring a team of Directors ofSales, helping them succeed and holding them accountable for achieving occupancy, ADR and extended stay standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions with guests and clients. Manage according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T. standards and instill a passion for customer service in all associates in the region.
- Collaborate with Regional Directors of Operations, Regional Revenue Managers and the Global Sales Office to create and monitor strategies to maximize revenue. Through this partnership be knowledgeable about the supply and demand dynamic of each individual hotel marketplace in order to set and monitor seasonal strategies to drive market share.
- Conduct on-site hotel visits in conjunction with the priorities set by the company. Meet with the General Manager to outline the objectives of each visit, and expectations for follow-up. Work with the Director of Sales to create and monitor sales plans to drive market share according to local market demand. Conduct market surveillance through a variety of channels and sources to identify new business opportunities. Uncover information about each key competitor hotel client base and key sales personnel. Devote sales time to moving any appropriate business from a competitor hotel into the hotel.
- Partner with the Regional Team to oversee all revenue budget activities for each hotel in the assigned region. Monitor all financial activity to ensure revenue goals are met. Responsibilities include monitoring segment production, DOS direct sales activity, and GSO production for all hotels in the region. Review and understand metrics and data included in a variety of reports to ensure maximization of revenue. Review monthly financialreports and monitors hotel budgets to ensure all revenue opportunities are being taken advantage of.
- Perform training and coaching to include reinforcing and guiding hotel Directors of Sales and Sales Managers on the Sonesta sales process. Mentor, coach and train Directors of Sales and Sales Managers on the proper way to prospect and identify sales leads from within the local market, in-house guests, walk-ins, and phone inquiries. Mentor, coach and train Directors of Sales and Sales Managers on the proper way to describe the Sonesta ES Suites product to meet customer needs, and close the business through proper pricing and negotiating techniques.
- Direct the planning and implementation of key account sales programs across within each hotel. Assist in gathering information and completing the appropriate documentation during the RFP process. Submit bids as appropriate for hotels with their region.
- Provide leadership within the Sonesta ES Suites brand regarding positioning through the proper use of all marketing programs. This would include, but is not limited to Everyday Surprises, Travel Pass, and all other uses of Sonesta logo and graphics standards.
- Create processes and procedures to ensure the hotels are properly supplied with all brand approved collateral and marketing promotion materials.
- In partnership with the General Manager, RDO, and hotel’s assigned Human Resources representative determine sales department staffing needs and participate in the recruiting, selecting, hiring, and training of hotel sales team members. Activities should revolve around goals to develop and create succession plans for individuals targeted for future growth within the company.
- Responsible for finding and/or filling temporary hotel sales management coverage in the case of long term absence of a Director of Sales.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Administration, Business Administration or related field preferred.
- Previous experience as a Director of Sales, in extended stay hotels preferred.
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; otherlanguages beneficial.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates knowledge of job-related processes and systems (i.e. IT systems specific to sales including SalesPro, Meeting Broker and technologies or distributionchannels used to source group business (Lanyon, Starcite, Cvent).
- Ability to travel 50% - 70% of scheduled time.
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financialsecurity of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events