This niche food company is a dynamic leader in the ever expanding industry of food production. They can offer you an opportunity to excel in your career and live in the beautiful rolling hills of eastern Iowa.
Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Manager:
· Develop and promote a culture of quality production and continuous improvement in a food production facility
· Compliance with all levels of food safety standards, AIB, SQF, etc
· Continually monitor production area performance and work to improve performance using risk assessment process, testing of incoming ingredients, outgoing products, observations and incidents
· Lead SQF and HACCP initiatives and continuous improvement efforts (facilitating, organizing, training and advising)
· Maintain, monitor and implement GMPs, HACCP, SOPS, SSOPS, etc
· Leads response to customers, inspectors and auditors
· Support new product/customer launches with required documentation
· Develop plant employees through training and creation of over-all quality awareness
Education: 4-yeardegreerequired; Quality Assurance, Microbiology, Food Science or equivalent disciplines preferred.
Required Skills for the Quality Assurance Manager:
· 5+ years of laboratory supervisor or management experience in a food production operation
· AIB, SQF, BRC, FDA, HACCP, etc.
· HACCP certification preferred
· Passion for training, mentoring and teaching food safety and best practices
· Hands on laboratory testing experience
· Communication, presentation and computer skills
Byrnes & Rupkey, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Recruiting firm.