Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada?
Embracing and driving change is critical to our success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry is transforming has increased exponentially in recent years and we are committed to being a leader in the industry. As such we are relentlessly focused on innovating at every level of our business, investing in new technologies and products, and doubling down on the best talent to drive the company forward. It is an especially exciting time to join the Canadian Tire Family of Companies.
Our Technology team plays a critical role in our evolution, specifically as we transition to an omni-retailer where digital complements the physical. Our commitment to being a world-class digital organization is evident in how we are using cutting-edge technologies to bring our digital strategy to life in-store, online and on your mobile devices, ultimately improving customer experiences, driving traffic, and boosting loyalty.
The Merchandising, Sourcing and Marketing (MSM) Technology Delivery team is looking for a Solution Architect to lead the architectural vision for the team. We implement and support the software systems for the Procurement and the Marketing teams, who form the backbone of Retail. The systems are a mix of best of breed packaged, legacy and in-house built applications, so the SA will encounter a breadth of exposure and will never be lacking a challenge.
What you’ll do
You have a multi-faceted skill set:
- You will add tangible and measurable value to the organization through practical and forward thinking technology solutions that enable business strategies
- You will facilitate sessions and build the 3+ year roadmaps for the business capabilities
- You can dive deep to troubleshoot when needed
- You are excited by new technologies and look for opportunities to bring them in to the solutions
- You are equally comfortable presenting to Executives and sharing ideas with developers
- You are knowledgeable in all areas of architecture, with a focus on applications and a comfort with infrastructure, security, data modelling, etc.
Who you are
We are looking for high performing individuals who are:
- Agile and innovative individuals, who are able to manage in an environment of change and ambiguity to help us take bold and strategic moves in this rapidly evolving retail environment
- Creative thinkers who take initiative and are capable of building, launching and managing projects/programs that drive results for our customers
- Problem solvers with the ability to analyze and prioritize to meet business objectives
- Collaborative team players with superior influencing skills, who build relationships easily across various stakeholder groups to move initiatives forward
If you’re curious, ready to take on new challenges and open to doing things differently to help us evolve rapidly, then Canadian Tire is definitely the place to be.
What you’ve done
- 2+ years of experience as a Solution Architect
- Experience in the Retail industry is an asset
- Working knowledge of and enthusiasm for the Agile/SCRUM project approach
- Demonstrated thought leadership and passion for your work
- Background as a developer preferred
Canadian Tire is one of Canada’s most iconic and diversified companies. Our culture and values uphold our pledge to sustainable practices, and commitment to our local communities through Jumpstart cannot be beat.
To learn more about this team and the Canadian Tire Family of Companies follow us on LinkedIn.
As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of the following Pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Checks
- Criminal Background Checks