The Component-Level Business Continuity Planner will ensure the sustainment and delivery of a MA program that supports and enhances NGA resilience embedded in select Components. The focus of the Component-level BC program must be COOP, BC/DR, inclusive of NGA Key Component BCP/ ITDR activities. Program effort shall provide an integrated internal and external planning and exercise approach to Mission Assurance, and Mission and Operational Risk Management as directed or outlined by National, DoD, or IC policy.
- Identify all Component compliance elements within National, Executive, Federal, DoD, IC, and other applicable government statutes, directives and regulations, and provide insight into government and industry -œbest practices- / industry standards governing mission assurance, continuity of operations, business continuity, disaster recovery, and defense critical infrastructure protection planning. Requirements include:
- Maintain a foundational level continuity process based on federal guidance and best practices. The foundation program must include an auditing process that spans daily operational status, enterprise management, periodic formal plan audits, and test, training and exercises inclusive of corrective action plans. The foundation program must include support and advice to Component planners as they develop or maintain Essential Function Plans.
- Maintain a Component process-oriented Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) to include a monthly Current Program Assessment reflecting individual Component status of program strength and planning review and leadership support to continuity planning.
- Maintain, update, and report periodic metrics as required to the Government.
- Assess the readiness response, internal and external compliance, and continuity program at the division, Key Component, and Agency level.
- Develop or create reports supporting internal and external assessments, briefings and reports typically include, internal audits, and FEMA or, Defense and IC assessments.
- Support NOC MA Division in developing Component-level support to the Continuity test, training and exercise (TT&E) program supporting and validating the foundational level continuity process standing plans and procedures.
- Document the execution and results of the exercise program; identify lessons learned; and develop and monitor a timely and effective corrective action plan through incorporation into plans and procedures for future TT&E validation.
- Develop and maintain Component Business Continuity Plans (updated as required, reviewed annually, and re-issued bi-annually per federal requirements).
- Support NOC Mission Assurance Division COOP Readiness monitoring and reporting project. Requirements typically include providing the continuity of operations readiness report as required.
- Support NOC Mission Assurance Division in developing, maintaining, monitoring, reporting and training as necessary an Agency/NSG-focused Defense Critical Infrastructure Program (DCIP) per applicable directives complementing other required efforts and activities. Integrate Critical Infrastructure Program requirements into Continuity Planning.
- Provide recommendations for NGA input to the Annual DoD Intelligence Sector DCIP assessment.
- Update the NGA Annual Task Critical Asset (TCA) list.
- Document relevant assessments including inter- and intra- dependencies.
- Provide risk-decision documentation for all NGA Defense Critical Infrastructure, including a risk reduction plan communicated to appropriate DoD Components.
- Coordinate risk mitigation activities, specifically the documentation of Program of Action and Milestones (POAM) from within their assigned Component.
- Provide DCIP and NGA Critical Infrastructure considerations, impacts of loss, response as required by external directive into Mission Assurance exercises and tasking.
- Provide assistance at NGA Alternate Site locations, to include: conducting facility tours to NGA Leadership; facilitating all alternate site TT&E requirements; and ensuring all COOP requirements are met during a contingency event.
- Ability to assist in execution of Agency Readiness Programs including: maintenance and periodic review of Agency Mission Essential Task List (including functions and essential functions), support of quarterly Joint Forces Readiness Review (JFRR), and corrective measures in bi-annual Combat Support Agency Review Team (CSART) assessments. Required support includes analysis of Agency essential functions and tasks, maintenance of readiness issues or discrepancies, and assistance with periodic reports and briefings.
- Program and Project Management skills.
- General knowledge of Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP).
- General knowledge of the Joint Lessons Learned Information System or related lessons learned programs.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform both detailed and high-level work.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience within related field and three to six years' experience.
CERTIFICATION / TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate Business Continuity Professional (ABCP) certification or higher from the Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII) or other equivalent industry standard certification for continuity planning
- FEMA Level 1 Professional (PCP) certification from the Emergency Management Institute for continuity planning.
Normal demands associated with an office environment. Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face to face. Some travel may be required.
US-St. Louis-MO-ST LOUIS
Req #: 133167