BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is looking for an Art Director to join our team. We are interested in hiring a strong conceptual AD who is also a self-motivated solution provider. The AD will concept & design a variety of interactive and off line pieces from concept to final execution, including: brand identity, websites, email and landing page campaigns, internet marketing campaigns, print collateral, advertising campaigns, etc. for BCBST’s lines of business. The AD will lead projects and work in collaboration with the copy team and direct designers to develop creative solutions to meet the BCBST lines of businesses goals. This person will be an integral part of the Creative Department and willreport directly to the Associate Creative Director / Design.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Concept & lead design for a variety of interactive and off line pieces from concept to final execution, including: brand identity, websites, email and landing page campaigns, internet marketing campaigns, print collateral, advertising campaigns, etc.
- Work with Associate Creative Directors and Copy Writer II on advertising campaign concepts
- Work to think of new innovative channels to communicate to our members
- Lead team of designers with a clear understanding of the strategy
- Attend and direct photoshoots and stock photography selection
- Develop style guides for assigned line of business to illustrate design direction for campaigns
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of typography and color theory
- Maintain project deadlines and budget
- Estimate and manage time accurately and independently
- Communicate and collaborate well with other team members
- Collaborate with digital team on design direction for BCBST websites and landing pages for assigned line of business
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent work experience is defined as 4years of professional experience.
- 5years of experience within an advertising agency or in-house creative services team setting required.
- Conceptual thinker
- Strong design skills, video and animation skills a plus
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid knowledge of print, web design, HTML and bootstrap
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within a short timeframe
- Ability to think strategically and create multiple solutions to address the needs of clients
- Meticulous attention to details
- Good communication skills and sense of humor
- Possess strong business ethics; be reliable and dependable
Job Specific Requirements:
Grade 11 BBEX
Incentive Plan AEP
Number of Openings Available:
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or membership in a historically under-represented group.
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco-free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose test result is positive for tobacco/nicotine will be disqualified from employment and the job offer will be withdrawn. Individuals who fail the tobacco/nicotine screening will be permitted to reapply for employment after 6 months, if tobacco/nicotine-free.