SailPoint is seeking a very experienced and polished Senior Sales Engineer for our cloud-based Identity Governance solution, IdentityNow.
This position is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our solutions.
The Senior Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
In addition, the individual must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
The candidate must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
Senior Sales Engineers are expected to take an occasional leadership role for the SE team.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of, and influential with diverse audiences. You will be expected sell at the CxO level down to the Technical Architect and individual team members. You will be responsible for:
- Discovering customer requirements and aligning SailPoint solutions to those requirements
- Representing SailPoint products to customers at field events
- Development and delivery of product demonstrations
- Participating in and leading Proof of Concept engagements
- Responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Conveying customer requirements to the Product Management team
- Occasional leadership role in creating improved tools and processes for the SE organization
- Occasional leadership role in mentoring and developing junior SE’s
- Regularly traveling to customer engagements and field event throughout the sales territory
Senior Sales Engineers must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology. They are comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base. Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports. They are organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Must be prepared for travel.
- 10+ years professional experience as a pre-sales technical resource, consultant, and/or related field
- Identity management, provisioning, and/or Identity governance experience is required
- Strong background in a business consulting or advisory services capacity
- Cloud-based application experience is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills
- Familiarity and fluency with a broad range of commercial security and business applications
- Central US location is preferred, 40% travel is required
- BA/BS required