The Service Delivery Manager will oversee IS teams primarily charged with operating system updates, mobile device management, PC imaging, application packaging and software distribution. Demonstrating consistency and reliability in execution, the manager’s stewardship shall include building a functional team and ensuring human and financial resources remain optimally deployed. Manages team members and drives the ownership mindset necessary to achieve departmental plans and direction. Reviews and evaluates work of staff and prepares performance reports. Oversee day-to-day delivery of best practice desktop engineering support for an enterprise environment of 1500+ seats (PS, laptop, and virtual), and 400+ mobile devices.
- Guides the day-to-day workload of local and remote IT Support Technicians, providing a data-driven approach for managing support queues and SLAs.
- Act as “White Glove” VIP support for executives and special events, providing a personal hands-on, high-tough level of support.
- Provide audio/video administration and moderation for company-wide meetings and video conferencing events.
- Champion the rollout of imaging, deployment and MDM solutions for Windows platforms.
- Develop strategy for data retention/ legal hold for end user devices.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of documentation for IT procedures and user self-service knowledge bases.
- Develop competency and proficiency with Office 365 productivity offerings, serving as a thought leader for the use cases of these tools.
- Overseeing the configuration, operation, and support of all IT End User systems.
- Defining the different types or IT technical services as well as the metrics to measure their effectiveness.
- Accountable for the overall desktop strategy and roadmap for the organization including lifecycle management for all client hardware and software.
- Set technology standards for all HW and SW related to personal computing by evaluating new technologies including personal computing hardware, software, and mobiletechnology that will become standards organization wide.
- Maintain policies and procedures related to End User technology. Work with IT leadership to adjust procedures as business processes change in accordance with company goals.
- Research new technologies that could enhance overall business functions or meet customer needs to maintain or improve technical standards.
- Mentor and develop Client Solutions team members by conducting performance reviews, goal setting, promotions, hiring and disciplinary responsibilities.
- Maintain a focus on continuous improvement and the customer experience, ensuring a world class customer service experience and resolving customer concerns.
- Serve as escalation support for all desktop related issues supporting the organizations incident and problem management escalation processes and practices.
- Collaborate with infrastructure and network administration to identify areas for improvement and implement processes and procedures to support the IT department.
- Provide IT service performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Performs hands-on technical expertise on an as needed basis.
- Regular and reliable attendance at work is required and an essential function of the position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate strong listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical knowledge of windows software, windows active directory and related services.
- Excellent knowledge of software applications including Windows10, Windows7, Microsoft Office, Office 365, enterprise-level Anti-Virus & Web filtering.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Online.
- Knowledge of operating/ administering System Center Configuration manager (SCCM).
- BigFix, Group Policy, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Active Directory
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent in experience. ITIL certification as well as MCSE, MCSA, and MCITP
- 3+ years in managerial role over technical/support teams
- 10+ years work experience in IT environment.
- Experience in Aerospace industry a plus
- Experience configuring/ administering enterprise level client management tools.
- Superior customer service and client interfacing.
- Broad experience within technical areas such as infrastructure, network administration, operating systems (MSWindows Linux), shell scripting etc.
- Experience using enterprise Service Desk tools such as Cherwell, ServiceNow, or RemedyForce
- Experience with PowerShell scripting, and diagnosing security patching issues.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time at a desk working and/or attending meetings with periodic breaks.
- Must be able to move throughout the office and/or manufacturing area and talk, hear or otherwise communicate with employees, management, customers, suppliers and others.
- May occasionally lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.