Research / Sr. Research Investigator, Bioinformatics
Incyte is committed to making a difference in the lives of patients through scientific discovery. Rigorous science is at the core of everything we do to discover, develop and deliver novel medicines that will meet serious unmet medical needs in oncology and other diseases.
Translational Sciences at Incyte has been established to bridge the research findings at the Discovery and Development levels within each of our clinical programs. In collaboration with academic, clinical and industrial scientists, this group utilizes the knowledge that has been developed around each of our existing programs to examine patient samples from human studies to validate specific target modulation, to identify biological changes that correlate with target modulation as well as study patient characteristics that could be utilized to predict response to therapy. The results are used to enrich and refine the Development program strategy as well as inform and guide future Discovery efforts.
We are seeking a motivated and independent individual with at least 2 years of working experience in the fields of bioinformatics, biology and computer science. The individual will be responsible for developing, maintaining our high performance computing infrastructure. The individual will also explore new technology platforms, develop next generation sequencing (NGS) pipelines for internal use and collaborate with internal and external investigators. The position is located in Wilmington DE, with easy access to major east coast cities.
- Develop and maintain internal and cloud-based high performance computing and storage infrastructure
- Develop and maintain next generation sequencing pipelines for use by our bioinformatics group.
- Provide scientific expertise for high performance computing and evaluate latest technologies to improve and optimize computing system.
- Implement and develop web servers, databases and tools to support scientific projects and the company’s portfolios.
- Strong scientific background with an advanced degree in the field of bioinformatics, computer science, data science and at least 2 years of experience along with working knowledge of biology and/or oncology
- Working knowledge of programming in at least one of the followings: R, Python, perl or C with strong linux and unix skills
- Experience in applying high performance computing for analysis of next generation sequencing data
- Knowledge of data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence and statistics a plus
- Knowledge of data management and database
- Ability to balance execution of multiple tasks to accomplish program goals
- A high level of emotional intelligence and willing to work closely and collaboratively with other functional groups internal and external to the company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills