Epicor is one of the world’s leading software companies, with more than 20,000 customers in over 150 countries using our products to effectively and efficiently automate and streamline their essential business functions. With industry specific solutions for the manufacturing, distribution, retail and service industries, Epicor products allow our customers to focus on core, revenue generating activities. Epicor is privately owned by KKR & Co. and produces approximately $900M in annual revenue with around 4,000 employees.
As a Director of Custom Solutions Development, you will lead a software engineering organization responsible for the development of customer specific solutions within the ERP software landscape. You will be responsible for managing and motivating the architecture and engineering teams, own the schedules, and control the overall delivery process. You will work with internal and external stakeholders across product functions to coordinate delivery of the overall product offering which starts with sales leading through the engineering of the solution. Direct engagement with key customers to develop solutions and resolve issues with the current product set is expected.
Successful candidates will lead by example, successfully define and drive the right culture to attract and retain the best software architects and engineering talent in the industry, and possess a deep understanding and passion for easy to use ERP Software. Experience with Agile software development and transformation is required.
The ideal candidate will be a leader, mentor, and forward-thinking problem solver who is ready to own the role, the team, and engineering quality going forward.
- Lead the CSG team in defining requirements during the sales and implementation processes, cost estimating/quote development, Statement of Work development, and ultimately the delivery of a quality solution on-time and on-budget
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance for “stand alone” custom solutions, including contracting, support, issue resolution, and uplift of solutions in conjunction with a client upgrade
- Establish a culture that is driven to deliver solutions in an economical and expeditious manner, leveraging Best Cost Location delivery where applicable in addition to the creation of delivery assets to drive down overall work effort
- Interface with directly with Sales and Professional Services Leadership in customer acquisition activities (i.e., sales) and in the development of competitive differentiatiors to help win business
- Key hands-on technology leader with responsibilities spanning across all aspects of software development including architecture, design, agile & waterfall development, automation, release & configuration management.
- Responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex products with significant bottom line impact.
- Develop strategies and roadmaps to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies.
- Apply creative thinking/approach to determine technical solutions that further business goals and align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost.
- Ability to translate business concepts to technical terms.
- Understand and communicate company goals and objectives.
- Project task prioritization, planning of projects and features, stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments.
- Monitoring & operation of production services including understanding user experience and ensuring happy customers
- Instill best practices for software development. Drive for engineering excellence including automation, quality, and productivity.
- Provide technical guidance to the team including architecture, design, and code reviews.
- Career development of direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to work across internal and external stakeholders, including direct customer interaction
- Business development experience focused on Custom Solutions Development (i.e., sales, quoting, contracting)
- Proven track record of managing global teams and driving overall maturity of service offerings and delivery
- Financial management of a “business within a business” including demonstrated top line and bottom line achievement
- Proven track record of building, transforming and scaling high performing software engineering teams in a fast paced, global technology company.
- Be able to demonstrate past experience in leading teams through a complicated product delivery challenge.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
- Experience with Agile software development
- 12+ years of software engineering experience
- 10+ years of direct people management or 12 or more years indirect team leadership
- 10+ years of managing customer/partner relationships to achieve business outcomes
- 10+ years of managing financials and resource allocations
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
ERP/ Enterprise Software industry experience is a plus.