Default Claims Trainer / Team Lead
FOUNDED IN 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a vertically-integrated financial services company that covers virtually every aspect of the single family residential real estate transaction, including investment in U.S. real estate and mortgage markets, loan origination and servicing, asset management and property preservation, real estate sales and rental, and title and escrow services. Carrington has built the infrastructure necessary to maximize value during any market cycle. We are currently hiring Default Claims Analyst Team Lead for our office in Westfield, IN.
Consider Carrington Today!
Responsible for overseeing a team of Specialists that review and reconciliation of Mortgage Insurance (MI) claims for accuracy, posting of mortgage insurance MI funds, and liquidation requests. Act as the subject matter expert for the assigned team. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review FHA, VA, PMI, and investorclaims for accuracy and provide results to management for review.
- Responsible for monitoring claims pipeline and ensure timely response and coverage within assigned team.
- Act as the first level of escalation for issues within team.
- Responsible for documenting procedural changes and creating job aids as appropriate for assigned team or department.
- Monitor claim processing quality to identify training opportunities and train junior staff as needed.
- Keep supervisor informed of all trends and issues including, but not limited, claim denials/curtailments, FHA re-conveyance, FHA offsets, delays in getting properties in conveyance condition, title issues resulting in title denial.
- Verify taxes and insurance maintained and paid timely and cancelled/endorsed according to investor/insurer guidelines.
- Monitor vendor performance and notify manager of any consistent problems (vendors inability/failure to comply with investor/insurer procedures and/or CMS requirements)
- Ensure all claim documents are imaged timely.
- May handle overflow claims as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experiencerequired
- Five (5) years mortgage servicing default experience
- Previous FHA, VA, PMI claimsexperiencepreferred
- Previous FHA, VA, PMI claims servicing experiencepreferred
- Previous accounting experiencepreferred
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Competitive compensation with incentive bonus plans
- Excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 15 days of paid vacation in the first year, not including sick time or floating holidays
- Access to several fitness, restaurant, retail (and more!) discounts through our employee portal;
- Customized training programs to help you advance in your career.
- Employee referral bonuses so you’ll get the opportunity to work with friends (and get some extra cash in your pocket!).
- And a philanthropic workforce that supports causes year-round through the Carrington Charitable Foundation.