Posting Description Nissan is a global company driven by the accomplishments of our employees. We find pride in our continued commitment to diversity and an exciting lineup of vehicles. Simply put, we are at the intersection of people, transportation, and the environment which keeps us at the forefront of innovation. We’re currently looking for a Assistant Purchasing Project Manager to join our team in Farmington Hills, MI.
- Program Strategic Planning Management.
- Program Workload/Scope Management.
- Program Cost Data Management.
- Program Timing Management.
- Program Departmental Reporting and Representation.
- Troubleshooting & Issue Resolution.
- Program Change Management. Program Process Standardization/Optimization
- Program Record Retention and Management.
- Good knowledge of overall manufacturing processes. Analytical skills at a macro and micro level. Ability to manage at both the program and the part level basis.
- Solid oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Additional competencies include: decision making skills; relationship building skills; problem solving skills; a results orientation; multi-tasking/prioritization skills; ability to influence or effect change; perseverance. Ability to foster teamwork; detail-oriented. Consensus and team building skills and persuasive communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work well across various horizontal and vertical levels of the organization to accomplish close collaboration with various groups and Nissan communities. Knowledge of buyer function a plus.
- Three to five years of experience in purchasing, supply chain parts arrangement, or project management. Experience working in a multi-cultural team environment desired.
- One to two years in a work leader role coordinating the work of other employees or contractors desired but not required. This includes training new employees, assigning work, and checking the timeliness and quality of work. May have provided input into performance reviews. Most time in work leader role would have been spent performing work similar to that performed by the people whose activities the position coordinates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline. Consider equivalent related college or technical courses, seminars and in-house classroom training.
- Thorough computer knowledge in Excel, PPT, or mainframe/web/SAP applications to resolve complex problems in day to day situations.