Reporting & Analytics Senior Business Analytics Analyst
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
Provide senior level independent data analysis, profiling and data quality support to multiple business units including: Accounting Finance andReporting (includes GeneralLedger, Subledger), Enterprise Spend Management (ESM) and Services Procurement, Capital Management, ManagementReporting, CorporateTax and Funds Management. Review, modify and recommend business requirements for data in the applicableportfolio. Provide data support of the full life cycle of the United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (USGAAP), Liquidity, Allowance forLoans andLease Losses (ALLL), MarketRisk Liquidity Capital Committee (MRLCC),Risk, and BASEL I, II and IIIreporting, including analysis, design, and testing of applications to produce the finalreports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Lead data analysis and research activities necessary to support the day-to-day operation of multiple business units including: Accounting Finance and Reporting (includes General Ledger, Subledger), ESM and Services Procurement, Capital Management, Management Reporting, Corporate Tax, and Funds Management.
2. Work with Business Reporting to understand business requirements and data needed for US GAAP, Liquidity, MRLCC, Risk, and BASEL I, II and III reporting. Validate feasibility of the business requirements by profiling existing data sources, or reaching out to source systems to acquire new data sources to meet business needs.
3. Create repeatable data profiling strategies using SAS, BOBJ, ABAP and SQL.
4. Execute a systematic data quality analysis and profile to validate feasibility of business requirements.
5. Partner with Enterprise Data Office (EDO) to leverage metadata framework and quality measurement framework for enhanced data governance.
6. Partner with IT to ensure maximum optimization and efficiency for reporting processes (of provisioned data) for the Risk Exposure Data – Credit (RED-C) mart, FMER, iFARM (SAP Finance and Risk Data Platform) and custom data warehouses.
7. Develop testing and processes to ensure data integrity and accuracy of the data in all internal and external reporting processes.
8. Prepare additional data for audit purposes and/or other regulatory reports.
9. Follow all processes and procedures and provide documentation on all work. Ensure that the appropriate processes and procedures are followed for all work done and that documentation is developed in a timely manner.
10. As required, lead junior members of the team in completing other tasks.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or equivalent education and related training
2. Seven years of work experience in accessing enterprise data source and developing enterprise reporting
3. Experience in SAS coding and SQL languages
4. Experience with databases, such as DB2, Oracle or Teradata
5. Good written and verbal communication skills
6. Effective organizational skills
7. Information Technology Infrastructure Library/Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (ITIL/COBIT) and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) certification
8. Data modeling in SAP BW-HANA experience
9. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
10. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Experience with SAS Enterprise Guide, Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) tool and business intelligence tools
2. Process management experience, Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) and The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) certification
3. Project management experience, Six Sigma Green Belt
4. Experience with Hadoop, HANA and Netezza warehousing
5. Experience with Bank Analyzer – AFI, Profitability Manager, Credit Risk Analyzer, Basel Analyzer, SAP General Ledger, SAP Subledger (Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets/Asset Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Project Systems, Human Capital Management (HCM), Cost Allocations, Real Estate Management), Services Procurement in ARIBA and SAP, Master Data Management, QuantitativeRisk Management (QRM), Liquidity Risk Management (LRM) Summit, Intrader and Thomson Reuters
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.