As part of the Water Design Center’s Process Group for Garver, this Process Project Manager will be responsible for process design and management in support of Water Services Group projects company-wide. Diversity in high-volume, custom plant projects will allow this project manager the opportunity to be hands-on with design, directly involved with clients, provide mentorship to team members and actively participate in marketing initiatives.
Generally, the responsibilities of this role will entail taking projects from conceptual planning to bid ready documents, including facility and equipment layouts, design calculations, equipment vendor coordination, management and coordination of support discipline activities, coordination with regional offices and regulatory agencies, as well as quality assurance and control.
The Process Project Manager will also assist the Process Group Leader in managing teams, coordinating schedules, monitoring budgets, and ensuring delivery of quality work products that adhere to Garver standardization.
The successful candidate will have great opportunity for professional and career development from senior Water Team Leaders to grow into the Senior Process Project Manager role for the firm.
This Process Project Manager will also be included in client meetings and at industry conferences to serve as a subject matter expert on behalf of Garver and the Water Business Line.
About Garver's Water Design Center The Water Design Center is a knowledge-based hub that excels in highly technical, multi-discipline water and wastewater designs. The WDC specializes in large, high-volume, custom plant projects with advanced technologies.
Centralizing the location of the WDC means communication, coordination, and participation with team members is constant. This integral working relationship benefits the client through project delivery schedule and design quality, as well as the engineer’s opportunity for team collaboration and professional growth.
Life in Northwest Arkansas
The Good Life magazine describes Northwest Arkansas as somewhere that “may be one of the fastest growing places in the nation, but the heart and soul of small town America is alive and well here.”
The region is comprised of several adjacent cities where “you’ll discover museums, art galleries, shopping and dining amid architectural and historical treasures all just a stone’s throw from fishing, biking, water sports, hiking, camping, boating and breathtaking vistas…nestled high in the Ozark Mountains.”A few accolades about Northwest Arkansas include:
- 1st Best Affordable Place to Live in 2016, U.S. News
- 2nd Best Mid-sized City for Jobs in 2016, Forbes
- 3rd Best place to live in 2016, U.S. News
The successful candidate for this role with Garver will possess the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or environmental engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 10 or more years of similar experience with no less than 3 years’ experience in project/team leadership
- Previous experience as manager in charge of process design, including detailed plans and specifications, for major water and wastewater treatment plant improvements projects
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- Strong communication skills as required to manage project teams and maintain internal client relationships
- Master’s degree or Doctorate degree in civil or environmental engineering
- Proficiency in process modeling software, Hydromantis GPS-X or BioWin