This role is responsible for supporting and administrating Informatica MDM (master data management) platform (previously known as Siperian MDM Platform). The administrator is required to evaluate the platform needs, install, configure, manage and maintain technical details of the MDM platform. The administrator will be accountable for partnering with key roles (e.g. project managers, architects, networking teams, DBA’s, operations etc.) to develop install the MDM software that is aligned to organization’s operational standards, principles, leveraging common support processes, monitoring services to support the technical capabilities at USPS.
To be successful in this role one must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment. This role requires strong communication skills with engineering team members, operations support staff. In addition, the successful Administrator must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Install, Administrator Upgrade and Manage Informatica MDM platform – master data management (previously known as Siperian) including application servers for cluster and high availability needs.
· Participates in administrative activities related to MDM platform including but not limited to MDM hub, Process Server, Active VOS, Provisioning and IDD.
· Be able to configure MDM Hub Server according to specifications, including matching rules, SIF framework, and migrating components from one environment to other.
· Develop technical documentation for installation and configuration including networking and supporting data store.
· Participate in code reviews of application components developed by technology team other staff for standards adherence, efficiency and use of best practices
· Understand data access and data load processes for storing and retrieving data from relational databases and other file systems
· Provide support for testing and debug programs in order to ensure application operates correctly and meets performance standards
· Study and evaluate user problems and operations in order to produce operational and business continuity matrix
· Participate in functional test planning and testing for the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
· Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting for the assigned application(s), functional area(s) or project(s)
· Respond quickly/effectively to production issues by taking responsibility for seeing those issues through resolution
· Proactively serve as a troubleshooting resource and subject matter expert across the team
· Provide educational/mentoring to project teams and others
· Establish yourself as a trusted advisor with key internal and external stakeholders
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience (focus in technical field a plus, for example: engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field) plus at least 7 years of professional experience
· 7+ years of IT administrator experience or its equivalent roles.
· 5+ years of experience in Informatica MDM Hub, Service Integration Framework on Informatica MDM platform
· Through understanding of Informatica MDM concepts including, but not limited to: Match Rules Tuning, workflow, IDD etc.
· Understanding of SQl, Stored procedures, shell scripting, J2EE, JBOSS, XML, ETL, SOA, REST and Web Services technologies.
· Through knowledge of data quality paradigms and data governance concepts is preferred
· Excellent communication (verbal and written) and professional skills are required.
· Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or equivalent experience
· Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
· Must be able to obtain and keep a USPS Sensitive Clearance
· Must be a U.S. Citizen or have a Green Card and have been living in the U.S. for at least the last five years
· Must not have traveled outside of the United States for more than 180 days in the last five years