IT QA Analyst 3
5 - 7 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
Responsible for the quality implementation of project deliverables, as defined in the business and technical specifications, on moderately complex projects to support Sammons Financial Group (SFG) member companies’ administration processes and systems across multiple business units. Work independently with minimal direction and work closely with IT Developers, Business Analysts, and Business Users to ensure timely, accurate, fully tested applications are performing as described in the business and technical specifications. Participate in leading test planning and execution activities at a project level in addition to individual workload accountabilities.
1. Participate in formal review of business requirements and technical specifications.
2. Translate business requirements and technical specifications into test plans and cases and gain proper approval in regulation with SFG SDLC guidelines. Facilitate formal test plan walk-through meeting with business users and project team members
3. Collaborate with Project Team to define and oversee testing deliverables:
• Estimate test planning and execution efforts based upon requirements, development approach, and the risks and impact of production errors; assist other QAs in the estimation and planning, providing feedback as necessary.
• Develop testing risks and mitigation strategies and implement accordingly.
• Work with Management and the Project Team to deliver assigned tasks within the established timeline and budget.
• Ensure the integrity of the test environment(s).
• Create and distribute production announcements. Provide production announcement feedback to less experienced quality assurance team members as needed.
4. Design automated scripts.
5. Execute testing, validate test results, analyze and report discrepancies, and collaborate with business analyst and development on problem report resolution efforts to identify if an immediate solution or sustained enhancement is required.
6. Manage testing tasks at a project level against plan and pro-actively communicate status to project team and management; report on readiness for elevation to production.
7. Research, document, and resolve system related problems by serving as a liaison to Business Users.
8. Ensure documentation for individual workload and projects are in alignment with the SFG SDLC guidelines and quality assurance standards are followed and maintained.
9. Provide proactive input into test strategy by recommending, developing, and implementing improvements to test cases for future project reuse.
10. Update existing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) and recognize with to recommend, develop, and implement new SOPs on moderately complex operational activities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business or information technology related major, preferred
• A minimum of four years quality assurance experience related to the development and execution of test cases and analysis of testing results preferred
• Prefer experience with test automation tools
• Strong mathematical aptitude
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills and familiarity with other Microsoft tools such as Word and Access. Ability to understand & create SQL queries preferred
• Understanding of complex life and/or annuity products, processes and methodologies strongly preferred
• Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work and communicate with a variety of personalities, across locations and varying organizational levels
• Proven ability to research, analyze and resolve problem situations using good judgment and sound decision making skills
• Strong initiative, self-motivation, and ability to work independently and occasionally monitor work of others
• Ability to handle multiple projects at one time and effectively work under deadline pressures on moderately complex projects
• Demonstrated mastery of previous levels skills and responsibilities