The Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for creating and refining business and systems requirements to address business opportunities and formulating documentation to support the development and implementation of the technical solution. This position plays a major role in the development and implementation of core business systems and mentors and guides other Business Systems Analysts. In addition, the Sr. Business Systems Analyst serves as the liaison between business users and technology programmers to understand user needs and develop required reporting and data analysis and may serve in a project manager capacity for smaller work efforts.
Analyzes business needs, documents requirements and translates needs into functional, nonfunctional and/or technical specifications.
Delivers requirements, performs analysis, and evaluates downstream business, systems, process, and / or organizational impacts.
Plans and assists with oversight of testing processes and activities including defect identification and resolution.
Analyzes charts and/or diagrams of the problem to be programmed and defines system requirements in terms of system capabilities.
Develops or assists in the development of work plans, time schedules, and project task items and schedules and assists with estimating resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants, equipment, and prepares routine project status reports
Assists in the development of project cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth including the development of alternative considerations. This will result in recommendations for the installation of new systems or equipment, or to change existing systems and equipment
Advises the appropriate people on the implications of existing IT systems that can be applied to a problem. Identifies risks and issues, and seeks approval on complex matters
Checks, instructs, assigns work, and otherwise functionally directs technical staff in order to achieve desired end-results on complex problems
Provides subject matter expert and operational support to internal business partners
Performs all other related duties as assigned
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required. (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 8+ years experience in developing requirements and performing system analysis
- 5+ years experience of major software systems implementation experience
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to analyze and document process and data flow
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and solution
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external clients
- Knowledge of Health Care Industry and related business functions
- Experience in Medicare Claims and Medicare Risk Adjustment
- Advanced course of study in information technology, business or other field
- Experience with project management and project control methodologies
- Experience process re-engineering and best practice implementations