Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of all applicable Federal (DOT), State (PA PUC & MD PSC) and local codes. Knowledge of the properties of natural gas as they relate to pressure and flow, and the principals which apply to gas facility design, installation and construction processes.
- Experienced ability to design and estimate construction costs for installation of natural gas services, approach main, and residential and commercial applications through the use of the Work Order Management System(s), DOJM, Design Manager, Avenir, Ingres/CMS, and MapFrame, along with any other relevant systems is essential.
- Knowledge of UGI’s policies and procedures, UGI’s tariff, gas codes, along with strong PC skills are highly preferred. Knowledge of UGI’s sales and business development processes is a plus.
- Engineering & pipeline construction project management competencies including knowledge of UGI contracting & operations procedures, environmental & municipal permitting requirements, Right-of-Way acquisition processes and application of other Project Management best practices to design & construction projects.
- Ability to motivate and hold accountable oneself and others in pursuing strategies and tasks, including changes and improvements. Ability to direct team activities to accomplish business development goal requirements with a least-cost and continuous improvement approach.
- Regular office conditions are the typical working environment for this position, though construction support responsibilities may expose the position to heavy construction machinery, gaseous environments, noise, temperature extremes, vibrations, dust and etc., that would require safety equipment, clothing, and procedures as outlined in the UGI Safety & Health Manual.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering field. Masters Degreepreferred.
- Five years work experience involving engineering, project management and related technical experience.