The candidate selected for this role will support CFO (Finance) group
Interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining independently. Defines data quality rules and ensures the proper implementation of data quality during the creation and modification of data, according to Enterprise Data and Analytics dataquality standards, guidelines, metrics and quality-expectations. Defines rules to evaluate data quality and creates effective test plans, according to Enterprise Data and Analytics dataquality standards. Ensures accuracy, completeness, integrity, consistency, uniqueness, and timeliness of data. Executes Enterprise Data and Analytics data quality tests/assessments and data cleansing activities. Monitors compliance of data flows against Enterprise Data and Analytics dataquality standards. Serves as liaison between business andinternal and external clients.
- Leverages advanced data management knowledge to define data quality and metadata processes, define data quality rules, thresholds, and standard metrics/quality-expectations for data elements that support critical business processes. Develops and implements data quality tests/assessments. Leads discussions with cross-functional teams.
- Establish data profiling standards and best practices. Investigates effectiveness of data quality controls and metadata capture, and identifies improvement opportunities. Consults with business and IT process owners to review the effectiveness of data quality controls and metadata capture, and aligns best practices and tools based on business needs.
- Leverages advanced knowledge to consult on the development and implementation controls to mitigate data quality risk. Monitors data quality results, reports and dashboard, and consults on data quality corrective action plans. Establishes best practices to ensure adherence to enterprise data quality programs and standards.
- Partners with enterprise data and analytic stakeholders to establish metrics for data quality process assessment. Checks and reviews failures from complex compliance assessments.
- Consults with enterprise on standards for metadata repository management, access requests, metadata association.
- Leverages advanced data management knowledge to consult on the impact of complex changes to reference data, and to coordinate requests for reference data changes that involve multiple business areas. Collaborates with enterprise data and analytic peers on reconciliation and maintenance of reference data.
- If Bachelor's degree, 6+ years experience in data management, data quality or business applications function OR If Master's degree, 4+ years experience in a data management, data quality or business applications function OR If PhD, 3+ years experience in a data management, data quality or business applications function
- Bachelor's Degree in a Business or Science discipline. Four years work experience in data management, data quality or business applications function or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experiencerequired OR A Master's Degree in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline OR A PhD in a Business or Science discipline or a related discipline
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Understands and uses Data Integration tools (We use IBM Infosphere). Other tool experience is fine IBM would be preferred to reduce learning curve
- Understands and uses Data Profiling & Analysis tools (We use IBM Analyzer). Other tool experience is fine IBM would be preferred to reduce learning curve
- Understands IM concepts with a focus in: DQ, Master Data Mgmt., Metadata Mgmt., and Reference Data Mgmt.
- Understands DQ Foundations – Accuracy, Completeness, Integrity, Consistency, Uniqueness, Timeliness (Foundations may be worded differently for external candidates)
- Financial Services Background
- Interpersonal & presentation(communication) skills
- Understands Visualization concepts
- Understands Information Architecture concepts
-Advanced knowledge of frequency and duplicate analysis, cross dataset dependencies, orphan `child data rows, redundancy analysis; data extraction techniques and applications.
-Advanced knowledge in Data Quality tools, SQL, SAS, BI tools or other analysis software.
-Advanced knowledge of relevant industry data & methods and demonstrated ability to connect external insights to business problems.
-Demonstrates advanced skills in: understanding and correcting data discrepancies; reading and translating data models; data querying; identifying data anomalies and root cause analysis; understanding and capability to explain Master Data Management.
-Proven ability to influence business decisions.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Job Number: R0011948