Job ID 2017-3692
We are looking for a qualified database ETL developer with experience in business intelligence and data modeling. Some of your responsibilities may involve developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing ETL code as well as database schemas in varied environments to maintain data and reporting environments.
As part of our consulting team, you will work closely with clients and colleagues to ensure data integrity. You will also collaborate with colleagues and clients to provide technical support, remediate data issues and document new requirements. Problem solving skills are keys for this position as well as communication and organization skills to work effectively in a team.
Interest in othertechnologies and developing skills in those technologies is a plus.
Working knowledge on ETL industry standards and best practices
Design reliable and consistent database schemas; may include 1st, 2nd or 3rd normal form as well as star or snowflake designs
Work with end users on analytics
Determine the necessary modifications for databases and queries to improve performance
Rectify database usage issues
Research potential data issues and work with users to identify, educate or rectify these issues
Document user requirements and identify new features
Create training and technical documentation
Create, debug and extend ETL workflows
- Past work experience as an ETL or Databasedeveloper
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to assimilate disparate information (log files, error messages etc.) and pursue leads to find root cause problems
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or comparable major
- Strong consulting and communication skills. Ability to work effectively with various organizations in pursuit of problem solutions
- Hands on experience with SQL
- Familiarity working with Informatica, SSIS, Datastage, Oracle Data Integrator or some other ETL tool
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end user requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills